Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of perfomance mods give the best bang for the buck. Not looking for massive HP. Been told the first thing is the stealth CAI. What other low buck mods can I do.

·
Registered
703 Posts
this has been asked many times... starting with an intake is a good idea, then maybe a nice cat-back exhaust. id recommend a nice suspension set up if you want improved handling. if your looking for more power, after i/e, you can do headers, udp's, and a tune... or take care of the entire top end at once, and THEN a tune.

bang for buck? I/E/H

·
Registered
406 Posts
you can get a tuner that will change how the ecu reads things and it will delete the 114mph thingy

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
dazedfocus: what kind of focus do you have? a SVTF-T? What does the "t" mean? Turbo?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
SVT = Special Vehicle Team

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
So for suspension, what kind of stuff do you guys get? I know my 2009 already has a stock sway bar setup in it, I've heard previous models don't have this.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the previous focus' have sway bars... the S models do not.

my signature has 3 very good threads.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know for muscle cars...the handheld electronic tuner ad HP along with making adjustments for bolt on power. Is there anything like this for FOfoS? Like a superchip.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Super chip makes tuners not just chips. I understand there are tuners that optimize your car with mods. I have a tuner for my Camaro. It can give it a tune for more power on a bone stock set up. No mods at all....just the tuner. Just wondering if the fofo tuners do the same thing.

·
Registered
703 Posts
dazedfocus: what kind of focus do you have? a SVTF-T? What does the "t" mean? Turbo?
yessir

to the OP^ tuners influence mostly all around drivability, but can prolly free a couple extra HP on a stock car. With some mods, it can squeeze extra HP out that would not have been there with mods alone.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
most tunes will be for 93/91 octane for the focus, if u want perf., so remember you will be spending more on gas as well. not much, but just throwing it out there about the focus tunes

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have two tunes in my X3 Ford Power Tuner, one at 87 (economy tune) and one for 93(performance tuen). I loaded the 87 tune when gas got to $5 a gallon and my car just didn't "run" as well and I didn't get any better milage. I reloaded the 93 oct tune and the car came back to life...so I paid the difference in gas just so my ST would run like an ST should run. Now that gas has dropped to reasonable prices again it's not nearly as bad on the wallet, but even if gas goes back up I am not going to change tunes...it just isn't worth it, IMHO

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
think there would be a point just to run 93 on the stock tune?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts