Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying this exhaust system: http://www.trubendz.com/home.asp?producttype=exhaust&productfor=focus_standard&productid=15113225&pagetype=detail
I'm probably going to end up going with a shorty header but thats a month or so down the road. Will I need a flexpipe? or will it be better to get a race header in a month or so and will that forgo the flexpipe? I've been reading some about it but don't know for sure, and could find a related topic in search. I havn't had a chance to look at my car much yet (new), just got boxes coming and no time to do anything until school starts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks [thumb]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Here's my opinion....If you live in an area where you have to still pass emissions, then you will need to keep the cat, or get a high flow. If you get the shorty header, I believe you can still use your cat (not 100% sure on this), but I would recommend getting a high flow or finding a way to get around the emissions so you can go without a cat.

However, if you go without a cat, then you should get a long tube header such as the stock SVT header or one of the other ones that are available. If you get a long tube header, then your options for a cat dwindle a little bit. I believe the only way to put a cat on a long tube is to use the SVT header with the SVT high flow. Hope all of my rambling helped a little bit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it did, emissions are not a problem here yet, but where is the flex pipe located ? and would buying this exhaust eliminate the need to buy one or will I need to buy one, or just buy a race header?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts