Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of a 2003 Black ZX3 - 103,000 Miles. Automatic Trans

Been a Mustang guy for years, and the Zetec and Focus products are new to me.... Anyone know the part number to the dipstick on a Zetec motor for the 2003 model year.... the one in the car does not appear to be right and is broken off... fun huh.

Look forward to reading any comments and joining your forum....

Parts are so much less expensive for the 4 cyl.....

Anything I should be wary of in this little car?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
yeah if the dipstick is broke where is all of it? I couldnt tell you the part number but just go to the counter at a ford dealer and ask or you might be able to go on autozone.com and search for the part. Good luck i love my focus. Sorry i dont actually know the part number.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
you could pick up a dipstick from a junk yard for a couple bucks or you could pay 40 for a new one

·
Registered
804 Posts
New owner of a 2003 Black ZX3 - 103,000 Miles. Automatic Trans

Been a Mustang guy for years, and the Zetec and Focus products are new to me.... Anyone know the part number to the dipstick on a Zetec motor for the 2003 model year.... the one in the car does not appear to be right and is broken off... fun huh.

Look forward to reading any comments and joining your forum....

Parts are so much less expensive for the 4 cyl.....

Anything I should be wary of in this little car?

in my experience

*Shift Solenoid its easy drop the tranny pan whatever fluid you lose replace with new fluid later (no need to do a full tranny flush) remove the faulty solenoid its like one or two screws put new one in and clean the pan and magnet install new filter and thats it

**Valve cover gasket leak is pretty common if the stock valve cover gasket is faulty you'll know if u get a leak and see that the gasket is orange the new better redesigned one is blue this can be a little troublesome to tighten down evenly so there isn't another leak elsewhere

*-*-* thermostat housing this one is pretty common remove all hose leading to it. on the right remove i think three bolts on right side of engine. keep the cap that bolts over the thermostat ford does not provide new one. might as well buy a new thermostat at this point. put it back together and replace if it still leaks lightly use a little orange silicone sealant where it connects to block and if you absolutely have to like me use a little when you tighten the cap back on the housing and all should work

those are the main three i know for our 2.0 Zetec ATX
next to that its a strong little cast iron block that will run strong with regular maintenance

any issues you do have with the car will most likely be answered on FocusFanatics i dare to say a little faster or more accurate than google or a local mech lol because most of us have been through something with our car that has been able to share their knowledge
Welcome to FF.com!!!!!!!!!
[ffrocks] [ffrocks]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts