Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Fish here from Birmingham AL. I got tired of high gas mileage and automatic transmissions, so I sold my 1999 Toyota Tacoma and bought a 2004 ZX3 with 108000 miles on her. Not ecstatic about the condition cause I paid high end of dealer price but, very happy with her. I purchased her sight unseen (first mistake) from a another state (second mistake). Purchased it from a used car dealer through a friend who is also a used car dealer. My friend just does it on the side and has another job so that whole process was not an enjoyable experience. Car has a slight miss, going to change plugs and wires, and have been used an injector cleaner in gas (seafoam is the best thus far). Replaced crappy aftermarket radio with better and replaced speakers. Found out someone had spray painted the carpet, has a small oil leak, clutch is making noise, and had to replace thermostat. Regardless of the car needing lots of other things fixed, it is fun to drive and I like working on things. More to come later of what I have already done and will be doing. Here are some pics the day I got her.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. You'll find a lot of info in here.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Hey, at least the exterior is in great shape, makes dealing with the mechanicals a bit easier to take.

Welcome!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
A zetec motor is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts