Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just checking in and saying hello. I just PCS'd back from England where I ordered a US Spec '07 model for delivery on 14 August. I'm now living in the DC area and out of the AF.

What is the car customizing climate like in the NOVA/DC area? I'm not looking to do much (Basic: Wheels/Drop/Intake/Exhaust) for the short term. It's a new car and I really don't want to screw it up too much. Are there any VA laws that I need to know about?

Thanks again!
Dave

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
[welcome] ,

As far as VA laws... just watch your tint (if you decide to tint). I dont think you'll have to worry about the dropping issue w/VA unless you are sitting it on the ground. Exhaust... careful because they will go after you if your exhaust is too loud or if you piss them off.

Besides, that.. welcome to the boards and look forward to seeing pics of the ride. I travel thru NoVa all the time (work) maybe I'll see ya around.

Again, welcome to FF.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I know you can't have any banners across the windshield in VA. That's the only law I can think of, offhand. You may want to PM a guy by the name of TJ "ScironZTS" and get his take on legality. He lives in Roanoke, VA and knows the laws down there pretty well; doesn't have a Focus anymore, though (He has seen the Jeep light, as did I! lol)

Welcome back! Shoulda ordered an RS or Euro-spec ST, though! lol

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Though I don't live in Virginia, I have heard that some places are tough on tuners. I think tint & exhausts are the big thing. But welcome to the forums and if you are interested in joining any car clubs in the area check out my sig[;)]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys thanks for the help and the welcomes. I'm excited to be back, but I just don't have quite the internet access that I'm used to. As soon as I move into my house I'll be more frequent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts