Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, newbie here.

i'm about to buy a focus, a 2009 SES in vista blue. it seems that there's some hype over having an SES, but i can't seem to figure out what the difference is.

also i was looking for some interior mod ideas; i had new head unit + interior LEDs already in mind, but was looking for suggestions as well.

thanks!

update: it says it's an SES but some images are telling me different things, so does an SES look different vs a regular SE?
this is the one i plan to buy:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great car. I had an 09 SE coupe In blue. The SES has the 17in wheels and a sport suspension I believe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome, this thread will help you understand some of the differences between model years and trims:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk2-focus/359273-mk2-north-american-2008-2011-models-changes-over-years-thread.html

I would say in summary, that before 2010, the differences were less noticeable between SE/SES/SEL than 2010 and after. This is personal opinion- I like my Focus and it has far exceeded my expectations. That said I always thought the 08-11 was an ugly car, and to me the 10-11 SES was the least ugly. (my car's name is Butterface).

Also, Ford maintains brochures in .PDF from past model years so you can see what was offered. Easy Google search will bring them up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ses has the blacked out headlights and tailights. Has the 17" EAP rims and mysync(sometimes). Suspension isn't much different from what I could tell but the big thing is the lights and rims. They SES has the sunroof and leather option on some of them too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drive the exact same focus and I didn't get the 17 inch wheels I thought it was only a coupe ses option, only regular light housings, nothing oem blacked out. But yes moon roof and fog lights! Sync is also pretty great to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts