Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. So, HI! [;)]

We just bought an '04 Focus LX sedan (2.3-L PZEV) and I'm pretty happy with it so far. It feels pretty solid, and accelerates nicely. I found this forum yesterday and I must say it's like being a kid in a candy shop!!

The first thing I need to do is find an instrument cluster with a tach. I just feel so naked without it. [8] I noticed that in the user's manual, they show two versions of the cluster with a tach. One is called optional instrument cluster, and the other is called 2.3-L PZEV instrument cluster. How important is it that I get the PZEV-specific cluster? I'm looking on eBay and other sites for a used one before going to the dealer ($$$).

I've also been looking at the halo headlights posted on the forum. Very sexy!!

Is the PZEV engine harder to get performance products for than the others? (I think air intake mods are out) Where should I start for the best bang for the dollar?

Thanks again for the excellent forum!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Welcome.

First off, you have an LX (maybe an SE, but I think you got DX confused with LX). You are lucky to get it with a 2.3l engine verus the normal 2.0l SPI.

The gauge cluster is different from a Zetec Focus; the lights are moved around a bit. I don't know if a Zetec cluster will work or not. You are best to look for a cluster from a Duratec focus in a junk yard. Note that the mileage is stored in the cluster, so you will need the dealer to change it.

Yea, there are less parts out there, but with all that we have, you can make some awesome power. Its a great engine to have.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Howdy and welcome

·
Registered
651 Posts
Another AZ Focus owner [thumb] Welcome to FF! You've got an awesome motor to start with [:)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts