Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited the UK site and saw the all new "refined" ZETEC?WTF is going on here! Numerous sources told me the Z is Duratec now.OH i guess this is another U.S.A. thing. Feedback or info from my Focus owners would be nice!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes ,With all the research i could muster the new Zetec is the Body style.Thanks for the clarity. BUT they have a diesel DURATORQ in the new "ZETEC BODY" that shreds em. Something we may never see here, a diesel focus.And the ST turbo UK is the SVTF, gen-2 w/ turbo. Just like they recieved the ST170 after the SVTF, USA has a glimmer of hope. Lets Keep our fingers crossed. WAKE UP FORD! is anybody there?!??!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I would like to see a turbo'd focus in the us, means i would have 2 cars now and could start a v8 swap on my current focus, but i doubt we will see that anytime soon if at all, hopefully i am wrong but we will see. Still gunning for the turbo focus so i can have a major project to do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got some info on FORD closing the Mexico plant. That will slow any future focus development in my opinion. I love the fact that the U.K. "gets it".I dont want to rant, just want some clarification on these awsome overseas models but personally I will have to leave the FORD name for a bit if no product is available! Just hit back with some info on other overseas models.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i have a Focus 2.0 Zetec

all focus' in the UK (MK1) have zetec engines unlike the US that have the SPI, 2.3 litre, and proper duratecs, any thing with fuel injection in the UK can be badged Duratec, unlike in the US you have a totally different engine.

find more info out here \/

http://www.ffoc.co.uk/modules.php?name=Focus_Info&file=basemodels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts