Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stuff came in, and I couldn't resist despite the temps hovering around freezing and snow squalls. New mods are "black chrome" Machs and Euro grille as well as tinted tails.
Before:

After:

Thanks for looking...windows are getting tinted Monday, so I will add those pics to this thread instead of starting another...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great man. Does your state allow tint legally on the front two windows?
I'm not sure, I had 20% tint on my now sold SVT and never had an issue, however I'm probably not going to go that dark on this one, wanting something a bit more subtle/to match the level of tint on the tails.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I'm assuming the "black chrome" is Lamin-X? Looks great, whatever it is.

I do have to admit, however, that I far prefer the ST170 grille with Machs (like mine!).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks good bud, I definitely like those heads and tails. I'm with shepski, is that lamin-x?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, as I suspected when I ordered my Lamin-x, the tinted color gives a black chrome look to the "guts" of the MACHs. Shep, I love the st170 grille, I'll have one someday, they are just rare to come up on b/s/t, and I don't want to pay full price...so I troll, boy do I troll that for sale section

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. It is the lightest tint laminx on their site, and as far as I can tell light output is not affected. I bought the same laminx for the fogs, but they are trashed and still look like crap. I've replaced 3 already tho, so I'm pretty much over replacing svtf fogs

·
Registered
52 Posts
The foglights are a pain. I had one break, ordered a new one, put it in and took it out for a drive. Looked at it when I got back and it was broken again. [?|] Made myself feel better by taping about 2000 fire crackers to the old one.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice! I like the subtleness of the mods.
I think tasteful modding is the only way to go. Your car also looks amazing with the small changes you've made. IMO, the 00-04 Focus is a really nice looking car with all its creases and personality lines, especially in lowered, kitted SVT/ST170/RS guise. I have a few more plans for this car, nothing will be extreme, it will never be a show car, it has a blower, it's freakin fast, and gets driven hard, therefore it'll never be perfect. I do however hope to keep it looking good!

looking nice... i would get a black antenna... but everything else is great!!!...
I bought the silver antenna because I like how it looks more than black. Eventually I am getting a new base and painting it body color, as well as those windshield washer nozzles, so it'll look smoother and more seamless color transition

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New updated, tinted and debadged pics! Thanks for all the feedback. New plans include tinting sidemarkers, and body color antenna base and washer nozzles

1 - 20 of 25 Posts