Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed my order this a.m. at Team Ford in Marietta, GA.

5 Door HB
White Platinum Tricoat Metallic
Charcoal Leather w/ Oxford White Trim
401A Equip Grp
97L Interior Pkg - White
47W Winter Pkg
46P Parking Tech Pkg
64X Suspension- Wheel Pkg
43M Power Moonroof
586 MFT/Nav

X-Plan Discount
$750 Cash Back from Ford
Traded 2001 Explorer Sport Trac w/ 69K on the clock.
ETA (Tentative) - 8 weeks

Tom Lewis was the Sales guy, and he worked pretty hard to try and find me one within 500 mi, but it was no-dice. We found two Tuxedo Blacks, but both got sold before we could make a trade with the other dealers. There are hardly any Titanium Hatch's on the East Coast. They are extremely hard to find with all the options listed above and the dealers who have them are holding on to them.

·
Registered
207 Posts

5 Door HB
401A Equip Grp
97L Interior Pkg - White
47W Winter Pkg
46P Parking Tech Pkg
43M Power Moonroof
586 MFT/Nav

X-Plan Discount
$750 Cash Back from Ford

Tom Lewis was the Sales guy, and he worked pretty hard to try and find me one within 500 mi, but it was no-dice. We found two Tuxedo Blacks, but both got sold before we could make a trade with the other dealers. There are hardly any Titanium Hatch's on the East Coast. They are extremely hard to find with all the options listed above and the dealers who have them are holding on to them.
congrats on your order! i also ordered from them...didn't deal with your sales guy though. i'm still waiting for my order as of now. been about 5 weeks.

·
Registered
218 Posts

5 Door HB
401A Equip Grp
97L Interior Pkg - White
47W Winter Pkg
46P Parking Tech Pkg
43M Power Moonroof
586 MFT/Nav

X-Plan Discount
$750 Cash Back from Ford

Welcome and congratulations!
I ordered basically the same options except the tuscanny interior and black exterior, and the external protection package (mud flaps and some type of scuff protector for the top of the back bumper). Right now I am looking at eight weeks from order to delivery but time will tell......
I am willing to wait. I went in to my dealer to purchase one they had in tuxedo black and when the sales guy went to get the keys, he was informed that it had just been sold.. I made eye contact with the guy signing the documents and hoped his financing fell through or his check bounced.[gunfire]
I waited a few days and ended up just placing an order for the car.
I am glad I did. I have learned so much from this forum over the past month that I am a much more informed buyer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrats on your order! i also ordered from them...didn't deal with your sales guy though. i'm still waiting for my order as of now. been about 5 weeks.

Did you deal with the sales manager at all? I finally got in to see him this morning after two other deals fell through because the cars were sold before they could negotiate a deal with the other dealers They had only one SE in stock today and already had a buyer lined up for it. I only got a priority of 15 on my order, so that doesn't bode well for the 8 week lead time, but I got such a deal on it, I can't complain.

I'm just amazed at how few of these cars there are out there. I usually deal with Wade Ford of Smyrna or Hardy of Dallas, but they both had very little to choose from as well.

I'll PM you if I hear anything about the VIN or build dates.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice choice...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome and congratulations!
I ordered basically the same options except the tuscanny interior and black exterior, and the external protection package (mud flaps and some type of scuff protector for the top of the back bumper). Right now I am looking at eight weeks from order to delivery but time will tell......
I am willing to wait. I went in to my dealer to purchase one they had in tuxedo black and when the sales guy went to get the keys, he was informed that it had just been sold.. I made eye contact with the guy signing the documents and hoped his financing fell through or his check bounced.[gunfire]
I waited a few days and ended up just placing an order for the car.
I am glad I did. I have learned so much from this forum over the past month that I am a much more informed buyer.
I agree, these forums are awesome. I am a member of the SportTrac forums and Mustang forums for the same reason. I guess I'll probably be lurking around here more and more now that I have the Focus on order.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well done, nice selection.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I only got a priority of 15 on my order, so that doesn't bode well for the 8 week lead time
I had a priority 15 as well with the X plan. The only caveat might be that Ford has pushed out their ETA from 6-8 to 12-14 according to donlen fleet ordering.

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. I tend to be pessimistic based on what I find on the so truthful Internet but at the same time I don't like surprises....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats. When I ordered my car back in April, none of the dealers had more than 1-2 Foci in stock, and none at the trim levels I wanted. Most of the cars on the lots had 200+ miles on them.

I had a bad experience at Team, so I went elsewhere. The sales guy acted like I wasn't worth his time, and his business card was someone else's with his name crossed out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the family. I wanted an oxford white titanium, didn't like it though, but saw a platinum white focus at the place where I got my car tinted and it looked good. The tri coat platinum just isn't for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a bad experience at Team, so I went elsewhere. The sales guy acted like I wasn't worth his time, and his business card was someone else's with his name crossed out.
I've found that dealers normally work with X-Planners a little more diligently than they would an everyday customer. This will be my fourth Ford that I've bought using X-Plan and I can tell you that having the leverage going into the deal is very nice. I can't begin to tell everyone how important it is to DO YOUR RESEARCH!! When you know more about inventory and invoice pricing than the sales guy, you can usually just bypass them altogether and deal with the Sales Manager.

I probably would have gone back to Wade or Hardy if I would have known I was gonna order the car in the end, but so far the experience with Team has been a decent one.[woot]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats! I LOVE the white! I would have gotten the white except my 2000 zx3 now is white. I don't think I could go another 10-12 years with the same color. [dunno]

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! I LOVE the white! I would have gotten the white except my 2000 zx3 now is white. I don't think I could go another 10-12 years with the same color. [dunno]
As you can see by my Avatar, my Mustang GT is white also, but I picked white again for a couple of reasons.

1) Georgia Summer (Hot as a MF'er)
2) I test drove a white SEL with the Arctic white interior package and it looked very sharp.
3) My wife has a Black on Black Escape Limited, and it roasts in the summer.
4) White is like a blank canvas. You can do stripes, graphics, etc. and they all match up well to the black and white theme.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Ti was in the dealer parking lot

With every option possible. Even the color was what I wanted. I would have thought orders have priority to what dealers get. Maybe what I got was an a special order that went wrong.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With every option possible. Even the color was what I wanted. I would have thought orders have priority to what dealers get. Maybe what I got was an a special order that went wrong.
Awesome! I really hoped to do the same thing, but there weren't any available within a thousand miles.

Pics...?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did you deal with the sales manager at all? I finally got in to see him this morning after two other deals fell through because the cars were sold before they could negotiate a deal with the other dealers They had only one SE in stock today and already had a buyer lined up for it. I only got a priority of 15 on my order, so that doesn't bode well for the 8 week lead time, but I got such a deal on it, I can't complain.

I'm just amazed at how few of these cars there are out there. I usually deal with Wade Ford of Smyrna or Hardy of Dallas, but they both had very little to choose from as well.

I'll PM you if I hear anything about the VIN or build dates.
yes, i placed my order with sales manager Daryl. i dont know my priority though. i just ask them weekly for updates. it took 4 weeks to get my VIN, hopefully another 4 weeks max to get the car!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes, i placed my order with sales manager Daryl. i dont know my priority though. i just ask them weekly for updates. it took 4 weeks to get my VIN, hopefully another 4 weeks max to get the car!
If they gave you a copy of the order, the priority is listed right at the top just beside the Order #.

Yep, Daryl, that's my same guy. He seemed like a nice enough guy. He explained a lot about how the order process works and they gave me copies of everything. No deposit either, which I thought was pretty cool.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Awesome! I really hoped to do the same thing, but there weren't any available within a thousand miles.

Pics...?
Your exact car was in stock at one of my local Ford dealers a few weeks ago. ( Pittsburgh pa area) last I did an area stock check it look like it was traded to another local dealer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts