Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I just purchased the 17 inch ford rally wheels. I got the FRRP 1.5 lowering suspension and I'm curious what do yall think the proper size tire I should go with. You know that looks good and don't have a lot of fender gap. I don't know where to start really

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks for the help I'm probably going to go with the BFGoodrich G-Force Sports or the T/A KDW 2 in the 215\45\17

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
A 205/45/17 is better matched to your gearing and to keeping the overall diameter of the tire closest to stock. (215/45/17 is the stock SVT Getrag size) You have a lot of choices in this size as well.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I agree with Jetrinka in that 205/45-17 is actually the ideal size for a non SVT. I found that they sometimes cost more and the selection is not as good as in the 215/45-17 size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the help. Hey I got one more question I'm thinking its also a good idea to get different lug nuts for the new wheels. This is my first after market or at least non stock wheel purchase.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Some aftermarket wheels REQUIRE what is often referred to as a "tuner" lug nut. They are smaller in size (for example 17/19 mm hex vs 21mm or larger stock) to fit into the smaller diameter lug nut wells many aftermarket wheels have.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
I have 205/45/R17 Ford racing rims, and I think I like this set-up a lot better then 215.

And I also have the FRPP 1.5 inch drop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts