Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discount tire told me I had 2 bent wheels.. I have been planning on new wheels anyways so I guess its time. Im currently running 205-50-16s with only 15k miles on them.. But was thinking about upgrading to 17s for better looks, plus 205-40-17s are only $41 a piece.

So either 17x8, 16x7, or 16x8?

16s ill be running the stock 205-50-16s.

17x8s ill be running 205-40-17s. Yes they will have a slight stretch.

Was planning on XXR 527s in orange but I now see they don't come in 4x108..[bigcry]

So I guess I'm stuck with XXR 522s.

What option would you go with? What offsets/backspacing will I need?
I plan on being on coil overs by next year.

Im leaning towards the 17x8" 522s with 205-40-17s.
Thanks [thumb]

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
You will need to be rather low to pull off 17x8 and a slight stretch. ET30 is going to get you pretty close to being flush. ET35 will put you close but slightly inside the fenders (roll and slight pull, followed by modifying the liners to cut down on rubbing should be higher considered.)

These are 17x8 et30 for you to get an idea:
www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351521

I am not a fan of xxr though, rather find a nicer used wheel than spend money on new xxr. 17x8 with a 4x108 bolt pattern is not a super popular combination. They are out there but not that common

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 inch drop coils sitting in the garage. But I plan on being on coil overs.

Sounds like ET35 would be what I want. I don't mind rolling fenders.

I know there is a lot of hate on XXR. But I'm not wanting to blow a lot of money on wheels for my DD. Plus I never find anything I like used.

I love these but they don't come in 4x108 either..

http://www.aspecwheels.net/index.ph...t&path=20_3166_3176_3179_3180&product_id=6307

If you have any other brands that carry wheels like those LMK
Rota Grids(6 spoke)
XXR 522 (7 spoke)
Avid.1 AV-12 (mesh 2 piece look)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think I'm going to run 4x100 adaptors. I would have my hubs,rotors,and drums re drilled to 4x100 but this is my daily driver and don't have time to wait on shipping.

So now I have to figure out what offset wheels to run with a 1" adaptor. Hopefully I can still fit a 8" wide wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldnt advise running an 8 inch wide wheel with a 1 inch addapter. Would be too much wheel and tire id believe, im gonna have a rough enough time fitting 16x8 +30 up front, and im even more worried about 16x9 +30 in the rear

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldnt advise running an 8 inch wide wheel with a 1 inch addapter. Would be too much wheel and tire id believe, im gonna have a rough enough time fitting 16x8 +30 up front, and im even more worried about 16x9 +30 in the rear
Why can't it be easy [bawling]

Think I'm going to get coil overs before deciding on a wheel now. Then most likely xxr 522s 17x8 in 4x108.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah thats what i did, i got it low enough to where i wanted it to visualize what kind of wheel specs id need/want. Ksport makes a great coilover, id recommend them to anyone.

Doesnt raceland make a cheap coilover?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thats what i did, i got it low enough to where i wanted it to visualize what kind of wheel specs id need/want. Ksport makes a great coilover, id recommend them to anyone.

Doesnt raceland make a cheap coilover?
I was planning on DGRs but I've been looking more into the cheap race lands with the massive omni kit.

This is just my DD so I could care less about track handling. I just want good looks, lower, and better handling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts