Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
son was stranded last night by his Focus on the way home from class and told me the error - [Parking aid fault - Service required]. i got online and found this forum.

we tried restarting for several minutes; normally, from outside remotely, from two different keys, and even disconnected the battery for 5min - but nothing worked.
had to lock it down and leave for the night.

returned this morning and gave it one more try before calling a tow-truck.
BEWM! it started!
my son drove it and i followed to our dealer - but only got about 2 blocks (of a 15mi trip) before the car stalled again with same error - this time in the middle of a busy intersection during morning rush hour.

i pulled up behind him, turned on my hazards, and called a dealer recommended towtruck.
thankfully, after a few minutes of waving through pissed-off drivers who were honking and generally being obnoxious about blocking the road, a Sherriff pulled up behind us. he turned on his lights and said he'd direct traffic around until the towtruck showed up.

the towtruck showed in 20min or so, tried to start the Focus a few time and then loaded her up on the flatbed.
arrived at the dealership and explained the problem - told the service rep about the TCM error i'd read here and the extended warranty info posted by you kickass mofos.

the service rep said they may be able to "reset" the TCM rather than replace. I hadn't heard/read here about resetting, so don't know if that's even an option - but the car is still to be diagnosed.

given the number of issues with this same error - rather than extend the warranty - i'm really upset and dissappointed that FORD didn't notify Focus owners of this obviously well-known defect. i understand recalls and such might be cause for concern in a marketing/PR sense, but not nearly as bad a the headlines, posts, social media notes, etc. are when something like this goes ignored and results in customers completely dissappointed in their product.

we have a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium, just over 40k miles - my son is a more careful driver than me; this car was his HS graduation gift, and it's his 'baby'. that, after talikng him out of a Hyundai Elantra. in the time we've had it, we also took the Focus in for the completely horrible, crappy, shaky, transmission that make you feel like your leaving red lights in a blender - when discussed with the dealer, we were told that THAT warranty had also been extended and as long as everything was running, that it would be fine. now i find this TCM issue.

i can't express how disappointed i am in FORD. i am upset, but mostly dissappointed, and up to this point i feel we've been lucky to avoid any real serious incidents, and we really do like the car - previously we owned a Ford Escape Limited and were so pleased with it, our dealer, and the service dept. that i wanted to stick with the brand when it came time for my son's first vehicle. i'm seriously regretting that decision now and will most likely consider another auto brand next time.

Still waiting on the diagnosis, but if it turns out to be something other than the TCM replacement under warranty, this will be the last Ford vehicle i ever own.

Sorry about the rant, but wanted to express my experiences and frustrations with the way Ford has addressed these types of issues with apparently more regard for prospective car buyers than those of us who have already chosen to own a Ford.
You have every right to be upset. At this point, class action lawsuits have been started.
The way Ford has treated its buyers and their hard earned money is outrageous. You can see hundreds of posts here for over three years over what was supposed to be a small and limited problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
son was stranded last night by his Focus on the way home from class and told me the error - [Parking aid fault - Service required]. i got online and found this forum.

we tried restarting for several minutes; normally, from outside remotely, from two different keys, and even disconnected the battery for 5min - but nothing worked.
had to lock it down and leave for the night.

returned this morning and gave it one more try before calling a tow-truck.
BEWM! it started!
my son drove it and i followed to our dealer - but only got about 2 blocks (of a 15mi trip) before the car stalled again with same error - this time in the middle of a busy intersection during morning rush hour.

i pulled up behind him, turned on my hazards, and called a dealer recommended towtruck.
thankfully, after a few minutes of waving through pissed-off drivers who were honking and generally being obnoxious about blocking the road, a Sherriff pulled up behind us. he turned on his lights and said he'd direct traffic around until the towtruck showed up.

the towtruck showed in 20min or so, tried to start the Focus a few time and then loaded her up on the flatbed.
arrived at the dealership and explained the problem - told the service rep about the TCM error i'd read here and the extended warranty info posted by you kickass mofos.

the service rep said they may be able to "reset" the TCM rather than replace. I hadn't heard/read here about resetting, so don't know if that's even an option - but the car is still to be diagnosed.

given the number of issues with this same error - rather than extend the warranty - i'm really upset and dissappointed that FORD didn't notify Focus owners of this obviously well-known defect. i understand recalls and such might be cause for concern in a marketing/PR sense, but not nearly as bad a the headlines, posts, social media notes, etc. are when something like this goes ignored and results in customers completely dissappointed in their product.

we have a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium, just over 40k miles - my son is a more careful driver than me; this car was his HS graduation gift, and it's his 'baby'. that, after talikng him out of a Hyundai Elantra. in the time we've had it, we also took the Focus in for the completely horrible, crappy, shaky, transmission that make you feel like your leaving red lights in a blender - when discussed with the dealer, we were told that THAT warranty had also been extended and as long as everything was running, that it would be fine. now i find this TCM issue.

i can't express how disappointed i am in FORD. i am upset, but mostly dissappointed, and up to this point i feel we've been lucky to avoid any real serious incidents, and we really do like the car - previously we owned a Ford Escape Limited and were so pleased with it, our dealer, and the service dept. that i wanted to stick with the brand when it came time for my son's first vehicle. i'm seriously regretting that decision now and will most likely consider another auto brand next time.

Still waiting on the diagnosis, but if it turns out to be something other than the TCM replacement under warranty, this will be the last Ford vehicle i ever own.

Sorry about the rant, but wanted to express my experiences and frustrations with the way Ford has addressed these types of issues with apparently more regard for prospective car buyers than those of us who have already chosen to own a Ford.

Ford = shit...that simple. Just dumped this garbage and bought a Mazda CX-5. Even when fixed, it's NEVER really fixed. The design is flawed and it can't be fixed. Any fix is temporary, hence the repeat complaints posted here. Don't listen to those Focus lovers. Those with supposed no issues are full of it or haven't experienced the issues..YET!!!

Unload it like rancid trash. Of course you could listen to the advocates here right after you have JACKASS tattooed on your forehead. FORD SUCKS!!! The fact that you had to come here...says it all.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ah, gotcha. I emailed the guy my video, some other videos of the same thing the owners said was fixed by replacing them. I also emailed him 14M02.

We will see what happens. I just want my car back. We got it a month ago used (traded in my perfect 2014 Mustang GT to clear out some debt to make way for a house in the next year or two), and I have been kind of disappointed between this odd grindy noise in the front left area of the car and this no start thing. My wife wanted an Altima. Guess I should've listened XD. Guess I felt some sort of brand loyalty as my last 4 new cars have been 5.0 Mustangs.
Hi Ninjaburn,

Just to clarify, in case I missed it, are you currently working with a Ford Dealer towards a repair? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
52 Posts
You have every right to be upset. At this point, class action lawsuits have been started.
The way Ford has treated its buyers and their hard earned money is outrageous. You can see hundreds of posts here for over three years over what was supposed to be a small and limited problem.
Theg best part or ironic part is that if you mention this site as proof of the problem existing...they say this isn't an authorized site.

The "rub" is...why do they have folks from FORD such as Meagan here???

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
C'mon Frandia, when I saw your name pop up I hoped you had a resolution finally. See you did by way of a different car, G/L with it.

This site was started privately and existed for a decade before any MkIII models were ever sold, and it's current ownership isn't FORD either. Can't be more "unauthorized" than that.

Quoting this place is like quoting any other rumor from the internet, doesn't mean much directly.

When videos of malfunctions mean nothing unless duplicated by a Dealer, you think any info. from here means something?

Ford reps. work many "social media" sites, think they own facebook too?

·
Registered
52 Posts
C'mon Frandia, when I saw your name pop up I hoped you had a resolution finally. See you did by way of a different car, G/L with it.

This site was started privately and existed for a decade before any MkIII models were ever sold, and it's current ownership isn't FORD either. Can't be more "unauthorized" than that.

Quoting this place is like quoting any other rumor from the internet, doesn't mean much directly.

When videos of malfunctions mean nothing unless duplicated by a Dealer, you think any info. from here means something?

Ford reps. work many "social media" sites, think they own facebook too?
Thanks. I love the new Mazda. My point about here was that this is a great site and the Regional Manager's boss is very aware of it and FORD SHOULD take it seriously and NOT demean it by saying it is unauthorized. These are real people with real issues.

My direct point is how FORD is hypocritical. They say this place is unauthorized then have their reps working it and more often than not...not being able to resolve anything more than what a customer can do on their own by calling the 800 number themselves.

I have a case pending with the BBB Autoline and they want to "talk" to me about a resolution. The car is gone...traded it in. I'm sure they now want to put a new TCM in. Screw them. That should have been offered and done 2 months ago.

Glad I am done with FORD forever.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Glad you found a deal that worked out for you - Really.

My first new car was a nightmare for problems, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Help through here is admittedly limited, Ford reps are facilitators not decision makers and the first level they can reach for many issues is the same anyone can also get in contact with through the phone system.

They do have some access above that level and to some other resources, but it's not wide open to higher levels. A bit more than the consumer or dealer can reach directly though, so sometimes helpful.

And for many seen here, this contact is the first they have for any help at all. The "impersonal internet" is just a keystroke away and it seems less intimidating than picking up a phone & waiting for help. Even see folks with typical emergencies (lost key, dead battery etc.) typing in here first, just to get the numbers for help they didn't leave in the car for some reason.

Often the Forum is good for personal contact & ideas from others - a shout out to anyone listening who might be able to help with info./suggestions/sympathy - or just a way to feel heard.

Like ProfPinky above, all we can do is hear him out & hope his latest problem is resolved quickly.

On the good side, sometimes the info. here really helps. Regularly steer people who think they're out of luck to one of the extended warranty (or even std. warranty they didn't know about) items with detailed info. in threads here. TCM under the emissions warranty info. saved a few before the extension who had ben told or assumed they were out of luck.

One just yesterday signed on & posted in another section, recently bought a '12 - turned down extended warranty - and when it started to give trouble he thought all would be on his nickel. Moved his thread from Engine & Trans Swap (maybe he thought J/Y was his only option) to here where he could read all the extended warranty info.. Better than nothing, bet he's still covered.

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
So my wife and I just bought our first new-ish car together (2013 Focus SE) this past weekend.

I drove it twice before we bought it, both times I went up to 70 on the highway just to be sure the trans felt the way it should, had no problems. However none of the driving was uphill, all flat.

Today I took it for a drive and encountered some steep hills and low speeds, it was horrible. Constantly felt like it was slipping, then it'd jerk a bit. Not sure if this is the same as the issue people on here are having, But can anyone help me out?

The car only has 37k on it.

Also I saw on one of the first posts something about it only lasting until the 30th of this month. does that apply to me as well?

I've already looked up the recalls not done on it by vin and scheduled an apt at ford on the 25th. But should I be worried about missing a cutoff date. and Should I be saving up for a big fix?

Any help or info is much appreciated!

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Time for more reading.

This thread is for TCM warranty extension info., and the typical problems from that are not shifting/not starting properly.

Many others about clutches/seals programming that also has a different warranty extension.

Only recall I remember is for some with a particular fuel pump, that one is just starting to get notifications. More info. on that one in the MkIII section.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Glad you found a deal that worked out for you - Really.

My first new car was a nightmare for problems, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Help through here is admittedly limited, Ford reps are facilitators not decision makers and the first level they can reach for many issues is the same anyone can also get in contact with through the phone system.

They do have some access above that level and to some other resources, but it's not wide open to higher levels. A bit more than the consumer or dealer can reach directly though, so sometimes helpful.

And for many seen here, this contact is the first they have for any help at all. The "impersonal internet" is just a keystroke away and it seems less intimidating than picking up a phone & waiting for help. Even see folks with typical emergencies (lost key, dead battery etc.) typing in here first, just to get the numbers for help they didn't leave in the car for some reason.

Often the Forum is good for personal contact & ideas from others - a shout out to anyone listening who might be able to help with info./suggestions/sympathy - or just a way to feel heard.

Like ProfPinky above, all we can do is hear him out & hope his latest problem is resolved quickly.

On the good side, sometimes the info. here really helps. Regularly steer people who think they're out of luck to one of the extended warranty (or even std. warranty they didn't know about) items with detailed info. in threads here. TCM under the emissions warranty info. saved a few before the extension who had ben told or assumed they were out of luck.

One just yesterday signed on & posted in another section, recently bought a '12 - turned down extended warranty - and when it started to give trouble he thought all would be on his nickel. Moved his thread from Engine & Trans Swap (maybe he thought J/Y was his only option) to here where he could read all the extended warranty info.. Better than nothing, bet he's still covered.

Cheers
And not to toot my own horn or anything, this thread helped a few people get their money back after they paid out of pocket to get the TCM replaced. So this post alone helped people get a couple thousand back(or close to it)...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Time for more reading.

This thread is for TCM warranty extension info., and the typical problems from that are not shifting/not starting properly.

Many others about clutches/seals programming that also has a different warranty extension.

Only recall I remember is for some with a particular fuel pump, that one is just starting to get notifications. More info. on that one in the MkIII section.

Okay, thank you.

Hopefully Ford can help me to diagnose the issue when I take it in.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Thanks. I love the new Mazda. My point about here was that this is a great site and the Regional Manager's boss is very aware of it and FORD SHOULD take it seriously and NOT demean it by saying it is unauthorized. These are real people with real issues.

My direct point is how FORD is hypocritical. They say this place is unauthorized then have their reps working it and more often than not...not being able to resolve anything more than what a customer can do on their own by calling the 800 number themselves.

I have a case pending with the BBB Autoline and they want to "talk" to me about a resolution. The car is gone...traded it in. I'm sure they now want to put a new TCM in. Screw them. That should have been offered and done 2 months ago.

Glad I am done with FORD forever.
Happy you did it. It was really not worth all the stress it seemed to be causing you.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So my wife and I just bought our first new-ish car together (2013 Focus SE) this past weekend.

I drove it twice before we bought it, both times I went up to 70 on the highway just to be sure the trans felt the way it should, had no problems. However none of the driving was uphill, all flat.

Today I took it for a drive and encountered some steep hills and low speeds, it was horrible. Constantly felt like it was slipping, then it'd jerk a bit. Not sure if this is the same as the issue people on here are having, But can anyone help me out?

The car only has 37k on it.

Also I saw on one of the first posts something about it only lasting until the 30th of this month. does that apply to me as well?

I've already looked up the recalls not done on it by vin and scheduled an apt at ford on the 25th. But should I be worried about missing a cutoff date. and Should I be saving up for a big fix?

Any help or info is much appreciated!
Only ends on the 30th if you are outside of the milage, so the cutoff does not apply to you. You are covered even if the car is a salvage

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Ah, - OK, he was looking at the coverage date IF you'd already exceeded 10 yrs/150k miles.

With none of the U.S. cars over 4 years old, that won't apply and I doubt his '13 is over 150k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, PP again..

In case anyone cares, you can ref my original post on pg14, #140 of this thread here.

Just a quick(?) update - My car was towed into the dealership Thursday morning, where I was told that they were "really busy", and "the mechanic was replacing an engine in another car, but would get to mine as quickly as possible." Not a problem, I'm the patient type.

I asked about a loaner vehicle, as I was letting my son now take my daily driver to his job, and I would need a set of wheels for myself - there is an Enterprise Auto Rental office inside this Ford dealer location, so was just a matter of paperwork before I had a loaner (another Focus).
The issue being however, we (and our towed car) arrived at the dealership around 9:30a and got my loaner at 10:00a - FORD only pays the loaner for 24hrs. So unless the shop can diagnose and fix the issue by 10:00a the following day (Friday), I'm going to be on the hook for a car rental.

Fast forward to the following day, Friday.
Didn't hear from the Service Dept., so I called at noon - was told they were going to look at it, "right now" and call me back.
I was concerned about having to pay for the rental with the upcomng long Labor Day Weekend - and with no callback by 4:00p, I contacted the dealership.
Serive Rep said he'd "go check on it and call me back". A few minutes later, I received a call and was told that my battery was "completely dead". I was asked if I had noticed the dead battery when the car wouldn't start the night before.
I explained that, no, the battery was 100% fine the night the car stopped working, AND the following morning when I, my son, and eventually, even the towtruck driver tried to start the car prior to towing it to the dealership. Obviously - someone at the dealership left something On or otherwise allowed the battery to drain fully overnight.
The Service Rep. said he'd have them "charge the battery and see if starts" and that he would call me back.

Fast forward to today, Saturday.
With no word from the dealer, about the now dead battery or the original issue I reported about the TCM, I called the service dept for an update.
Turns out my service rep. is Off today, and with the dealership closed on Sunday AND Monday/Labor Day, it appears that not only has my original problem yet to be addressed, but the dealership has introduced a NEW problem with the dead battery, AND I now expect to have to pay for a rental that was prolonged by the dealership's inability to address an issue that was clearly explained to them with the idea of expiditing the repair.

So - Given that my normal Service Rep has taken the weekend Off, I spoke with another SR and asked about the status of my vehicle. He looked it up and said that the issue appeared to be with my battey. ?!?!!!. No, I calmly explained the entire story; car stopped, [Parking Assistance fault], towed, dead battery, etc.
He listened and said he would go look, see "where things are", and call me back.

I spoke with him at 12:30'ish - it's now been almost two hours and no call back. I know it's a large dealership, but surely it doesn't take someone two hours to walk to and from a service dept., nevermind (ahem) mobile phones.

Apologies for the lengthy posts - but it's frustrating when your vehicle breaks down, and your dealership only exasperates the situation.
My other vehicle is an Audi (I've also owned Fords, Volvos, Benzs, and Pontiacs) and I can't express the difference in service, attentiion, and customer satisfaction between service depts. Well I can, but I've ranted enough already.

I doubt I'll hear back from the Service Dept and will have to call myself, again for a status update, but we'll see.

Just a blow-by-blow of my current and very frustrating experience.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all, PP again..

In case anyone cares, you can ref my original post on pg14, #140 of this thread here.

Just a quick(?) update - My car was towed into the dealership Thursday morning, where I was told that they were "really busy", and "the mechanic was replacing an engine in another car, but would get to mine as quickly as possible." Not a problem, I'm the patient type.

I asked about a loaner vehicle, as I was letting my son now take my daily driver to his job, and I would need a set of wheels for myself - there is an Enterprise Auto Rental office inside this Ford dealer location, so was just a matter of paperwork before I had a loaner (another Focus).
The issue being however, we (and our towed car) arrived at the dealership around 9:30a and got my loaner at 10:00a - FORD only pays the loaner for 24hrs. So unless the shop can diagnose and fix the issue by 10:00a the following day (Friday), I'm going to be on the hook for a car rental.

Fast forward to the following day, Friday.
Didn't hear from the Service Dept., so I called at noon - was told they were going to look at it, "right now" and call me back.
I was concerned about having to pay for the rental with the upcomng long Labor Day Weekend - and with no callback by 4:00p, I contacted the dealership.
Serive Rep said he'd "go check on it and call me back". A few minutes later, I received a call and was told that my battery was "completely dead". I was asked if I had noticed the dead battery when the car wouldn't start the night before.
I explained that, no, the battery was 100% fine the night the car stopped working, AND the following morning when I, my son, and eventually, even the towtruck driver tried to start the car prior to towing it to the dealership. Obviously - someone at the dealership left something On or otherwise allowed the battery to drain fully overnight.
The Service Rep. said he'd have them "charge the battery and see if starts" and that he would call me back.

Fast forward to today, Saturday.
With no word from the dealer, about the now dead battery or the original issue I reported about the TCM, I called the service dept for an update.
Turns out my service rep. is Off today, and with the dealership closed on Sunday AND Monday/Labor Day, it appears that not only has my original problem yet to be addressed, but the dealership has introduced a NEW problem with the dead battery, AND I now expect to have to pay for a rental that was prolonged by the dealership's inability to address an issue that was clearly explained to them with the idea of expiditing the repair.

So - Given that my normal Service Rep has taken the weekend Off, I spoke with another SR and asked about the status of my vehicle. He looked it up and said that the issue appeared to be with my battey. ?!?!!!. No, I calmly explained the entire story; car stopped, [Parking Assistance fault], towed, dead battery, etc.
He listened and said he would go look, see "where things are", and call me back.

I spoke with him at 12:30'ish - it's now been almost two hours and no call back. I know it's a large dealership, but surely it doesn't take someone two hours to walk to and from a service dept., nevermind (ahem) mobile phones.

Apologies for the lengthy posts - but it's frustrating when your vehicle breaks down, and your dealership only exasperates the situation.
My other vehicle is an Audi (I've also owned Fords, Volvos, Benzs, and Pontiacs) and I can't express the difference in service, attentiion, and customer satisfaction between service depts. Well I can, but I've ranted enough already.

I doubt I'll hear back from the Service Dept and will have to call myself, again for a status update, but we'll see.

Just a blow-by-blow of my current and very frustrating experience.

Stay tuned.
Your main issue is that it's a FORD. FORD-=Garbage car, Garbage service and Garbage care when you have an issue.

They are good at one thing...giving people the runaround. At that they excel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surprise! Just received a callback from the Service Dept.
Was told that the battery in my Focus was dead and the car had to be jumped to get it to diagnostics.
The SR said they were charging the battery (when the other SR said they were charging it yesterday afternoon) and could then run diagnostics on it, but that "the TCM has lost it's programming" and once the battery was charged, they would need to reprogram it. Howeverrrr..
Even after the battery is charged, I was told that "the guy who works on the TCM, the transmission guy is Off today, so he won't be able to look at it until Monday.". I reminded the SR that Monday is Labor Day, but he said that they would be in shop working.

Well, there ya have it for today. What imo is the good ol' Service Dept. Run-Around.
Apparently it takes Ford 2-3 days to charge a car battery, and this dealership only has one technician who can properly address a well known and reported TCM issue.

To say that I'm upset over a KNOWN issue to Ford, which should have been addressed in a single day, and instead will now take 5 or maybe 6 is an understatement.

Monday will be interesting.

PP

·
Registered
52 Posts
Surprise! Just received a callback from the Service Dept.
Was told that the battery in my Focus was dead and the car had to be jumped to get it to diagnostics.
The SR said they were charging the battery (when the other SR said they were charging it yesterday afternoon) and could then run diagnostics on it, but that "the TCM has lost it's programming" and once the battery was charged, they would need to reprogram it. Howeverrrr..
Even after the battery is charged, I was told that "the guy who works on the TCM, the transmission guy is Off today, so he won't be able to look at it until Monday.". I reminded the SR that Monday is Labor Day, but he said that they would be in shop working.

Well, there ya have it for today. What imo is the good ol' Service Dept. Run-Around.
Apparently it takes Ford 2-3 days to charge a car battery, and this dealership only has one technician who can properly address a well known and reported TCM issue.

To say that I'm upset over a KNOWN issue to Ford, which should have been addressed in a single day, and instead will now take 5 or maybe 6 is an understatement.

Monday will be interesting.

PP

Missing codes? Starting to sound like my issue. Look up my posts. I dumped the car and bought a Mazda. Sorry to say but there is no fix. Anything they do up to and including a new TCM is a band-aide. It's like a reset until the issues start again.

You'll be very fortunate is they ever agree to replace the TCM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your main issue is that it's a FORD. FORD-=Garbage car, Garbage service and Garbage care when you have an issue.

They are good at one thing...giving people the runaround. At that they excel.
That's the dissappointing part - we've have great service for years at this dealership. Honestly, cusomter service was 100% the deciding factor in my buying another Ford after an Escape. My son wanted a Hyundai Elantra or Veloster - the Hyundai delaer is across the street from Ford, and we actually test drove all three. But in the end, we went with the Focus Titanium, it had everything we wanted, plus I wanted to give Ford my business - based solely on the service we received while owning the Escape.

However it wasn't long after purchasing the Focus that I started having doubts - mostly due to the ratty transmission problems. And it was when taking it in for this problem that I felt this car might have been a mistake. first the transmission, and now this (TCM problem).
These aren't IMO small issues - and FORD should absolutely notify every Focus owner of the problems, recall and fix each vehicle, and pop for the cost of loaner/rentals while doing so. Anything less is completely unacceptable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well,, Finally, I'm rid of my 2014 Titanium Focus... Happy DAY,, 32K miles on it, I am overjoyed to be rid of it. The Toyota folks said they are simply sending focus's from Trade ins directly to Auction. Ford sold a focus, they knew it had a transmission issue, My Tranny had to be rebuilt - REV F (It was repaired under warranty). but was not included under their extended warranty (Mine was off by a month (Aug 2014 MFR date)., Tires sound like a windstorm. paint had IRON particles, Interior Door cover and handle came off after less than 2 months.

Happy DAY.. I am never ever going to by a Ford again.. ever... (I had owned many many fords from early 70's till now (A stray Volvo, BMW. etc etc from time to time).

Bye Ford... Its celebration time.... [drinking]

Bye Ford... Its celebration time....
Exactly, . Ford has an issue with their transmission on the Focus and Fiesta, they cant fix it but continue to sell it in their vehicles for YEARS. They know this, spin the Wheel hoping they will get a Fix in place at a later time. They release TSB's in such a way that regular folks like me have to research what is covered, what is not, what year, what month, what Symptom, what Plant blah blah blah. One TSB succeeds another.. Blah Blah Blah.

FORD--- Admit you sold faulty transmissions, that you knew you had a problem, make good on A SOLID fix and move on, Save your BRAND, save your JOB, Take Care of your Customers...

I remember ... Fords Statement - "At Ford - Quality is job 1", I wish Ford would

141 - 160 of 385 Posts