Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Well today is the day I am supposed to have my car back, and yesterday when I phoned for a status they let me know they have not even looked at it yet so I am very doubtful I will get it back this week

The rental car is also a no-go as far as I can tell, I have tried to contact both of the service managers 5 times, and left 2 messages and can not get in contact with them at all. So even if there was a way to get one, I cant speak to anyone about it

I phoned Ford customer service and they said the total time for the diag and repair was 3 hours. So why has my car sat around doing nothing for most of the week?

I guess I will just rent another car from Hertz, and then look into the new Acura ILX (Only a few K more than a new titanium, but comes with a lot more to offer, including free loaner car for life)
Hi IlikePizza,

I'll be happy to look into this further. Do you have a case number? If so, please PM it to me. If not, your full name and VIN will work.

Meagan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey there, after a solid 3 years with our 2012 focus titanium, the trans started acting up. It would just drop out of gear, no power, wouldn't do anything until you stopped, shut it down, restart it, let the software boot, then it would start. Eventually I found that Sport Manual mode was better, shifting manually helped but it started dropping out of gear again on a super busy drive home (700km from home over the Rockies) it was pretty scary having to pull on a tiny shoulder, reboot the car, and keep going. We're hold up in a little town waiting for the Ford dealer in Revelstoke to open in the morning and hopefully they can check all the codes that are popping, give us a TCM or whatever is needed so we can get home.

So far Ford roadside assitance was pretty nice on the phone saying our hotel and food etc rental will be covered, I hope they can fix the car tomorrow or we can get home with a rental etc and get the car delivered.

Really disappointing, this was my first non Japanese car ever, its been a brilliant car until this, hopefully its like a new TCM and she'll keep going trouble free (horn stopped working though) I'm at 78,000 kms right now.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
You're wasting your time folks and the reps here just run you in a circular pattern......
I know youre pissed and stuff, but there is no reason to spam the same exact verbiage on every single post you can find. Everyone here knows about the shortcomings of the DCT and we all have to deal with the problem when/if it arrises.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know youre pissed and stuff, but there is no reason to spam the same exact verbiage on every single post you can find. Everyone here knows about the shortcomings of the DCT and we all have to deal with the problem when/if it arrises.

Thanks.
You just said on another thread your fleet has no issues so why are you here defending them? That might be a better question. Maybe those with issues don't need to hear you telling them that they are the exception.

Better yet it's not spam when they are on different threads. Worried that people might hear about a real case of FORD not acting in good faith instead of listening to you b.s. (ing) us that you have a fleet with over 100,000 miles on them. What division of FORD do you work for?

Slap a few odometer pictures here and maybe prove it isn't one car's odometer and maybe you'll be believable. I could name the rep who tried to help me but I don't want to embarrass her.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
You're wasting your time folks and the reps here just run you in a circular pattern. I had 4 claims numbers and evidence from independent repair shops all to no avail. I appealed to a rep here...wasting two days and she refers me back to the same Corporate clown...

Dealer position is no code, no fix. The reps here are paid to delay you...

You're being suckered here by the reps...
Hi again,

As I stated in my PM to you, your CSM is assigned by region, and thus would be handling your cases. The dealers must be able to replicate the concerns before they are able to determine a cause and a repair.

Meagan

·
Registered
472 Posts
You just said on another thread your fleet has no issues so why are you here defending them? That might be a better question. Maybe those with issues don't need to hear you telling them that they are the exception.

Better yet it's not spam when they are on different threads. Worried that people might hear about a real case of FORD not acting in good faith instead of listening to you b.s. (ing) us that you have a fleet with over 100,000 miles on them. What division of FORD do you work for?

Slap a few odometer pictures here and maybe prove it isn't one car's odometer and maybe you'll be believable. I could name the rep who tried to help me but I don't want to embarrass her.
You know what? Bleep you. I dont have to prove anything to you. Dont believe it, then dont believe it. This is my first Ford car and I have been in the same IT job for 23 years IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.

EDIT: And if I worked for Ford and knew about these issues WHY WOULD I BUY ONE? Eh? Look around I have many posts with pictures of my car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi again,

As I stated in my PM to you, your CSM is assigned by region, and thus would be handling your cases. The dealers must be able to replicate the concerns before they are able to determine a cause and a repair.

Meagan

And again, it was taken to an independent dealer and then towed, Check Engine Light was on, P090c code was in computer. Mysteriously disappeared when dealer took it for a ride.

Since you want to put your defensive 2 cents in, tell everyone how I contacted you for help you offered and I gave you the whole story and told you not to refer me back to Erica and you did just that AFTER I told you she would not authorize the fix. Is this your first rodeo? You wasted my time and your time.

Tell everyone as well how 14M02 states neither needs to be present for the repair to be made.

Let me help you...from the letter

Some of the affected vehicles may exhibit intermittent symptoms of loss oftransmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power. These symptoms are usually accompanied by a “Check Engine” light illuminated on the instrument cluster. These concerns may be caused by electrical circuit failures within the TCM. If the transmission is not serviced, these symptoms may become more frequent and of longer duration.

SERVICE ACTION
If an affected vehicle exhibits intermittent symptoms of loss of transmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power AND it is determined theTCM is the casual part, CODE WAS SUPPLIED> DID WE PULL IT FROM 4 PEOPLE'S ARSES?dealers are authorized to replace the TCM under this program. This program coverage begins after the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty Powertrain coverage and Emissions Warranty coverage. This service must be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Tell them how the dealer admits it is likely the cause. Maybe this will help:

WHAT IS YOUR VEHICLE SALES OR SERVICE ISSUE?:Been trying to get transmission serviced under program 14mo2. Car is unsafe. Dealer can't get authorization since check engine light went out after incident and code seems to be erased after car was towed to dealer. Regional Manager Erica Bright was contacted and proven to be an obstructionist in getting the work done. Demands code be printed out even though program letter says code not always available and check engine light not always on. Car is unsafe.
WHAT ACTION HAS YOUR DEALER TAKEN TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE?:Dealer wants to help but Erica Bright the Regional Sales Manager won't authorize it. Dealer was in touch with repair shop that initially looked at car and immediately had it towed to dealer. Code was po90c and check engine light was on. By the time dealer looked at it, light was off and code gone. TCM apparently needs replacing and Erica will not reimburse dealer if he makes repair. Car unsafe and at dealer one week, Nothing done except test driving to recreate issue. Car is dangerous. want fix under Program and Erica Bright refuses to acknowledge issue without computer print out even though dealer admits it likelyy happened since car was towed there. Just want it fixed. Going in circles.
WHAT ASSISTANCE ARE YOU SEEKING FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY?:Replace TCM under program 14mo2 which dealer off the record admits would likely resolve issue. Erica Bright is running obstruction and refuses to authorize work even though Ford admits that Check engine light is not always present and code is often gone from memory. Car unsafe. Ford admits issue is intermittent and warranty of TCM ends next month. Being stalled on getting repair. car back to dealer 6 times on various transmission issues.
Are you the owner of the vehicle :Yes
VIN : 1FAHP3XXXXXXX
MILEAGE : Approx 39,000
WHERE IS YOUR VEHICLE NOW : AtDealership
HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE DEALER :Yes
DEALER NAME XXXXXXXXXJ

Would like to explain this as well:

My name is Jeffrey, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I have reviewed your email regarding the concern on your 2012 Ford Focus. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As previously communicated with the CRC last 8/4/2015 8:39AM, our representative advised that Customer Service Manager Erica is working with your dealership to assist you and resolve your concern. I have verified that there is a set follow up scheduled 8/5/2015.

Please allow the set follow up date to occur so that your concern may properly be addressed.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi again,

Meagan

Peddling the same line I told YOU before you gave false hope as I am sure others have experienced as well?

Believe in God? Intelligent design? Can't prove those either.

So your and FORDS rely is this:

If a tree falls and the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

I stand by what I aid. Your intentions may be noble but you know the result 99% of the time.

If you're not here to run interference why does FORD have you here on a board that when you direct the customer and regional reps to... they repond by saying this site is not FORD authorized.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi again,

Meagan

^^^^ This is the typical FORD reply. They know it happened and happens or there would be no 14M02 yet they are in denial and want you to prove it to them because you have nothing better to do.

How do you prove something when it's intermittent and FORD during previous software updates built in a line of code to erase the memory once the vehicle is turned off.

View this folks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXelGqmK1M

·
Registered
52 Posts
View this

The better question is they knew the issue in 2011 and continue to install this transmission for the next 4 years. Then the bean counters play the odds and hope they can beat them and not have to make too many repairs. That's why they keep extending the warranty

14m01 and 14m02. wait long enough and there will be 14mo3.

And if they offer a whole new trans...it's one of the same bad ones. That's why they don't offer one or want a recall. They HAVE NO FIX

It's a circle jerk and they play their customers as jerks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So the Revelstoke dealer took 4hrs to do a Trans code update and Sand off ONE ground wire, which they charged me 124$ for. I was outraged this wasn't somehow considered powertrain and asked them why I wasn't getting a new TCM, she said it wouldn't drop out of gear for them, I said it had to be really hot and driven for a while.

But thats ok after 1hr of driving straight up the rockies to rogers pass it started dropping out of gear again, it was delightful having to find a shoulder to pull off on and not get smoked by Semis, restart the car, and drive again praying it would keep running long enough to make it to the next Ford Dealer in Golden.

Those guys are doing it right though, they are getting a new TCM, the mechanic told me that Revelstoke should have known with those codes to replace the TCM, just like I said, and if they didn't have enough time, just tell me.

I called Ford Canada who was pretty much useless, they said they have no responsibility to help me get my money back on the ground wire. I asked about having the car transported back to my Home city (3.5hr drive away) from where it had a major powertrain failure under warranty, they said they have nothing to do with that, and its the dealers problem, he then tried to get me off the phone abrutly, I was nothing but polite, very disappointing service.

At the very least I'm getting a new TCM from a proper dealership, and worst case I'll have to burn 8hrs of my life and fuel going back to pickup the Focus and pray the TCM works again and doesn't shut down in the single lane\no shoulder\ultra deadly mountain pass outside Golden. Maybe the Dealer can help, but they had Zero idea about it when I asked yesterday.

Yep you can scratch F150 off my new truck list, back To Tundra. Its a shame as the Focus has been a wonderful car until this point, I understand warranty issues, but this is not being very helpful, I bet Toyota would do the same though, no wonder I never have new cars and always fix everything myself, lucky it didn't break down 3000km away on our last roadtrip.
Sigh

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
View this

The better question is they knew the issue in 2011 and continue to install this transmission for the next 4 years. Then the bean counters play the odds and hope they can beat them and not have to make too many repairs. That's why they keep extending the warranty

14m01 and 14m02. wait long enough and there will be 14mo3.
How are they avoiding repairs by extending the warranty? Arent they adding repairs?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Where exactly did I defend Ford? I just gave you the numbers I got from my Fleet manager who passes along the Ford notices to me as he gets them because he knows I own one. The TCM issue is just much less of an occurrence in the fleet.

Again sucks you have issues, but giving the owners here a bunch of crap/posting the same stuff in multiple threads because you are pissed is wrong. I saw it once and I gave its due value.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Time to CHILL OUT Sir,

Your current RANTs are just showing your lack of understanding & civility.

This site was NOT founded OR currently owned in any part by FORD, and attacking both members & a "Social Media Rep" from Ford does NOTHING to help your case.

Meagan for one has done a GREAT job to date WITHIN HER JOBS LIMITED AUTHORITY to cut through red tape & get people in touch with those who may be able to help.

This helps many who don't know the steps (outlined in their owner's manual) they can take to contact anyone beyond their local Dealer for help, and in some cases can bring in MORE help faster than that process could achieve.

NOW - PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE!

You're "yelling at the cashier" for mis-marked or unavailable items - it's NOT in her power to do any more than contact others who may be able to assist you. AND - if they can't either you need to take it up at a higher level.

Other members here can share information that may help, sympathize or share experiences, direct you to answers that helped them, etc.. THAT'S the LIMIT of what we can do to assist - yelling at members here is like Beating your Wife because you had a bad day, TOTALLY inappropriate and it will NOT be allowed to continue!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Frandia, I was not contacting Ford regarding them not fixing the problem, my issue was with the lack of contact with the manager to arrange a rental vehicle, and the length of time it took them to look at the car.

I brought my car in with no codes, they spent almost 3 hours trying to get it to throw a code, my service manager offered my the car over the weekend to try and get it to play up again, as they cannot submit the order for a TCM under warranty without the codes. As I was getting ready to get my car back, they managed to get the codes from the trans and get the TCM ordered.

I took my car over the weekend, and it took them a few hours today to fit the TCM and do a general checkup of the car (At no charge)

The car feels completely different now, it starts much quicker every time also. To be honest, I am completely happy with how ford has handled it, as a Salvage owner I expected not to be included in this, but I was and got the car fixed at no charge.

·
Registered
426 Posts
View this

The better question is they knew the issue in 2011 and continue to install this transmission for the next 4 years.
Not to keep this thing going, but I heard from a Service adviser that there are 9 revisions of the TCM, whether this is true or not I don't know. But I am inclined to believe it, and it shows Ford is actively working on getting the issue resolved.

My car feels completely fixed, its 100% smooth even at low speeds now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So the Revelstoke dealer took 4hrs to do a Trans code update and Sand off ONE ground wire, which they charged me 124$ for. I was outraged this wasn't somehow considered powertrain and asked them why I wasn't getting a new TCM, she said it wouldn't drop out of gear for them, I said it had to be really hot and driven for a while.

But thats ok after 1hr of driving straight up the rockies to rogers pass it started dropping out of gear again, it was delightful having to find a shoulder to pull off on and not get smoked by Semis, restart the car, and drive again praying it would keep running long enough to make it to the next Ford Dealer in Golden.

Those guys are doing it right though, they are getting a new TCM, the mechanic told me that Revelstoke should have known with those codes to replace the TCM, just like I said, and if they didn't have enough time, just tell me.

I called Ford Canada who was pretty much useless, they said they have no responsibility to help me get my money back on the ground wire. I asked about having the car transported back to my Home city (3.5hr drive away) from where it had a major powertrain failure under warranty, they said they have nothing to do with that, and its the dealers problem, he then tried to get me off the phone abrutly, I was nothing but polite, very disappointing service.

At the very least I'm getting a new TCM from a proper dealership, and worst case I'll have to burn 8hrs of my life and fuel going back to pickup the Focus and pray the TCM works again and doesn't shut down in the single lane\no shoulder\ultra deadly mountain pass outside Golden. Maybe the Dealer can help, but they had Zero idea about it when I asked yesterday.

Yep you can scratch F150 off my new truck list, back To Tundra. Its a shame as the Focus has been a wonderful car until this point, I understand warranty issues, but this is not being very helpful, I bet Toyota would do the same though, no wonder I never have new cars and always fix everything myself, lucky it didn't break down 3000km away on our last roadtrip.
Sigh
Hi kingsoup,

Let me see how I can assist you. In order to be able to help, I'll need a bit of info. Can you PM me your name/phone number, VIN, servicing dealer, and current odometer reading?

Mathieu

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not to keep this thing going, but I heard from a Service adviser that there are 9 revisions of the TCM, whether this is true or not I don't know. But I am inclined to believe it, and it shows Ford is actively working on getting the issue resolved.

My car feels completely fixed, its 100% smooth even at low speeds now.
Yeah and only 9 revisions?[giddy] Let me know how your car is running with your new TCM when it does it again.

So if FORD is actively working on it and the car is towed in from a reputable repair shop which they haven't denied, nor have the denied the codes were present and the Check Engine Light on ... why not fix he car if the codes reset? Just about every single instance involving loss of power or shutting down has resulted in in having the TCM being replaced.

You're the exception and not the rule otherwise are you calling everyone here that's frustrated and can't get their cars fixed liars? Seems so when all you can say to someone is "I got my TCM replaced and go post somewhere else.."

See any Reps come here and and refute anything I said, brain surgeon. Look at the phone number under their names it's the same one you can call on your own. They are the same people who put you into a loop were the dealer says they can't do much with authorization and Corporate says, no code, no fix.

You have a big mouth. Try using it to actually enlighten people and perhaps help them. Not everyone here, especially those new know the whole story or what they are in for.

And no one cares that you like Pizza.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Time to CHILL OUT Sir,

Your current RANTs are just showing your lack of understanding & civility.

This site was NOT founded OR currently owned in any part by FORD, and attacking both members & a "Social Media Rep" from Ford does NOTHING to help your case.

Meagan for one has done a GREAT job to date WITHIN HER JOBS LIMITED AUTHORITY to cut through red tape & get people in touch with those who may be able to help.

This helps many who don't know the steps (outlined in their owner's manual) they can take to contact anyone beyond their local Dealer for help, and in some cases can bring in MORE help faster than that process could achieve.

NOW - PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE!

You're "yelling at the cashier" for mis-marked or unavailable items - it's NOT in her power to do any more than contact others who may be able to assist you. AND - if they can't either you need to take it up at a higher level.

Other members here can share information that may help, sympathize or share experiences, direct you to answers that helped them, etc.. THAT'S the LIMIT of what we can do to assist - yelling at members here is like Beating your Wife because you had a bad day, TOTALLY inappropriate and it will NOT be allowed to continue!

You haven't been able to refute one thing that I posted nor prove it false. You want to shill for FORD, go ahead.

You know the saying, "you can't handle the truth".

You're the one that needs perspective and here it is...the REPS HERE WORK FOR FORD AND ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES YOU CAN REACH AT THE 800 number! Are you saying people are so stupid that they need help finding the 800 number after their dealership lies to them?

You may not want to acknowledge it but I will since I've talked to 6 or more of them. THEY CAN'T HELP unless one is a moron that can't find the CUSTOMER SERVICE phone number to begin with.

[8]

FORD doesn't care what gets posted here and that came from inside FORD. My purpose here was to HELP those that are thinking that posting here will result in some assistance. IT WON'T

Meagan will give you a CASE NUMBER. BFD..I have 8 of them and the car still loses power after two trips to different dealers and 9 days out of service. REFUTE THAT!!!

Maybe try being truthful and if I yelled at anyone it was because they attacked first. Only a moron would see what I posted as a rant since they can't refute a thing that was posted. Yes FORD is helpful. Tell that to all those here with repeated issues. This place should be called Ford Focus Chumps...especially the idiots that say they will buy another one after all the issues reported here. Glad they aren't Money Managers. See ya.

P.S. Want to help Meagan and Sailor?

Post a phone number to someone besides Customer Service. It won't happen. That's how FORD contains the complaints and prevents getting to people who actually could help if there weren't thousands of complaints.

Did You Sailor, Meagan or any REP advise anyone who can't seem to get help that that have at least one other line of recourse...the BBB Autoline. Well at least I did that much instead of telling people who are fed up not to rant or expose the fallacy of what the Reps here do. So this is "Social Media" then why are FORD's REPS here and when you mention this site to the REGIONAL Managers they say this site is not authorized. Riddle me that, Batman. It's all phony P.R. designed to dupe the dopes and quell the masses of people with issues.

No One will ever get further than their Regional Customer Service Manager unless they think outside the box. They only reason I was able to was because my RCSM was on vacation so her boss fielded my call.

RANT OVER!!!

101 - 120 of 385 Posts