Focus Fanatics Forum banner

381 - 385 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 2014 Titanium just threw the p0902 code yesterday and drove weird with no power. Pulled into a parking lot and powercycled the car and then hooked my code reader up and tried to erase the code. No luck. Headed to the dealer tomorrow morning. Yea. Car now has 60,000 miles on it and this is the first check engine light. I need to remove Tom's Tune before I drop it off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Two questions about the following:

<<14M02: Ford is extending the warranty coverage on the DPS6 Automatic Transmission Control Module (TCM) to 10 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. >>

1) What is the start date of 10 years of service, the build date? The purchase date? Some other date?

2) Similarly, what is the warranty start date, the purchase date?

I'm almost sure I've read the answer in this thread before but cannot recall it and now I can't locate it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Two questions about the following:

<<14M02: Ford is extending the warranty coverage on the DPS6 Automatic Transmission Control Module (TCM) to 10 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. >>

1) What is the start date of 10 years of service, the build date? The purchase date? Some other date?

2) Similarly, what is the warranty start date, the purchase date?

I'm almost sure I've read the answer in this thread before but cannot recall it and now I can't locate it.

Warranty start and years of service are the same - the day car was purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
A guy just posted about TCM failure in a 2016 on Reddit. I haven't seen anybody of this year model say theirs failed until now.

Don't understand how hard it is to crack open what is essentially a computer and figure out what's failing in it.

Ford gets an F for just throwing parts at all their problems. Oh, and did anyone ever tell them the DPS6 software sucks?

They've changed next to nothing with these cars over the years. It's dumb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Oh! Question! I lost my paperwork that I got recently in the mail about the warranty extension for my 2014. Does anyone know where I can get a copy since it wasn't from the dealership but from Ford directly?

381 - 385 of 385 Posts