Focus Fanatics Forum banner

341 - 360 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
The latest software seems pretty good.

I had a bit of shudder etc, but got Toms Tune. I took the tune off to pass inspection, and then also got my door latches replaced under warranty

While it was in, they flashed the new TCM software (I already have a new TCM from 2 years ago) and now its just as good as Toms Tune

·
Registered
200 Posts

I had a bit of shudder etc, but got Toms Tune. I took the tune off to pass inspection, and then also got my door latches replaced under warranty

While it was in, they flashed the new TCM software (I already have a new TCM from 2 years ago) and now its just as good as Toms Tune
Go to the dealer and they will flash the latest version of the software. If this doesn't fix your problem, they will test your clutches. If they are bad, they will replace them with the new clutches.

The test basically consist of testing the RPM differential between the engine flywheel and the gear of the transmission.

I got the new clutches installed in February this year. No more problem and I drove 10 000 KM already in super cold (-30°C) and super hot temperature (35°C) on highway and city.
Merci & Thanks.

I like Pizza....which dealer did you go to in Houston?

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Merci & Thanks.

I like Pizza....which dealer did you go to in Houston?

Thanks
Mac Haik in I10 near BW8. The service department is fine there, just whatever you do don't use the QuickLane... Its the worst I have ever seen

Last time I was there someone brought a car back which they forgot to put oil in...

I just recently bought a 2017 Escape from AutoNation Ford Katy, they are much better

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mac Haik in I10 near BW8. The service department is fine there, just whatever you do don't use the QuickLane... Its the worst I have ever seen

Last time I was there someone brought a car back which they forgot to put oil in...

I just recently bought a 2017 Escape from AutoNation Ford Katy, they are much better
OK I know the Mac Haik location. I'm just about 5 to 10 mins drive from Autonation Katy so I might try there.

Thanks!

·
FF Affiliate
30,142 Posts

It might feel that way but it isnt , need to do a tune for your new strategy and you will see the difference

Tom

·
Registered
39 Posts
they flashed the new TCM software (I already have a new TCM from 2 years ago) and now its just as good as Toms Tune
I also got the latest TCM recently because I had to take my car in for a different issue. Shortly thereafter I purchased and installed Tom's tune but it did not resolve my shudder problems at all. I was disappointed, obviously, and so I just reverted back to the stock. I know his custom tune has helped many, but my wife especially wasn't too thrilled that the fix didn't work out....LOL. Oh well. Live and learn...

·
FF Affiliate
30,142 Posts
I also got the latest TCM recently because I had to take my car in for a different issue. Shortly thereafter I purchased and installed Tom's tune but it did not resolve my shudder problems at all. I was disappointed, obviously, and so I just reverted back to the stock. I know his custom tune has helped many, but my wife especially wasn't too thrilled that the fix didn't work out....LOL. Oh well. Live and learn...
You installed the tune on 5-17 and took it out at 5-22 thats 5 days do you feel that is a fair assessment to say my tune didnt work ?

My Tune might not help yours I dont know but at least give it a fair chance

Did you send me a datalog ? Did you tell me that the shudder was still there ?

Tom

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you send me a datalog ? Did you tell me that the shudder was still there ?
When I contacted you to tell you the shudder was still there you said you didn't need the datalog, so no I didn't send it. In retrospect, perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance, and I know you're extremely experienced at what you do, so no disrespect intended. I may just be one of those cases that cannot be helped simply by a software modification.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's good news. How can I confirm the exact type of 6 speed auto transmission in my 2015 Focus SE? Will the VIN indicate the transmission type?

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's good news. How can I confirm the exact type of 6 speed auto transmission in my 2015 Focus SE? Will the VIN indicate the transmission type?
This is a good site that will give you full details of your vehicle spec, in addition to telling you it is a DCT.....unless you have had something built that is very very special.
On a more positive note I read that the new Bugatti Chiron also has a DCT, there may be still be hope for us!!

FordEtis home page

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well they already took your money once. Let me tell you something they know what they are doing it is business that's all they see you as.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am new here.
I bought a 2014 Focus SE two days ago (I wish I have read all this before!), it had 7349 milles. The car fax is clean, it had 1 owner, and had severeal maintenance inspections with oil changes and that's it. And it also says that on feb 2018 the Program 14M02 was issued. It doesnt say if anything about the transmission was changed.

I dont know if because of what i read I have been feeling that something is wrong with the transmission, or if it really has a problem. This is my second car (2 years driving), so I asked my mom to drive it (she has several cars and plenty experience) and I told her that after stopping I felt something weird. She said the car was perfect and it is all in my head.

The previous owner didnt replace the TCM or the clutch, so I maybe this car doesnt have this probem, or all the focus has it?

So I have been reading a lot in this forum and I dont know if I should return the focus to the dealer (if its possible) or if I should wait to see if it really has a problem, and if so, ask for TCM to be replace when something happens.

Hope somebody can help me with an advice.

T

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, I am new here.
I bought a 2014 Focus SE two days ago (I wish I have read all this before!), it had 7349 milles. The car fax is clean, it had 1 owner, and had severeal maintenance inspections with oil changes and that's it. And it also says that on feb 2018 the Program 14M02 was issued. It doesnt say if anything about the transmission was changed.

I dont know if because of what i read I have been feeling that something is wrong with the transmission, or if it really has a problem. This is my second car (2 years driving), so I asked my mom to drive it (she has several cars and plenty experience) and I told her that after stopping I felt something weird. She said the car was perfect and it is all in my head.

The previous owner didnt replace the TCM or the clutch, so I maybe this car doesnt have this probem, or all the focus has it?

So I have been reading a lot in this forum and I dont know if I should return the focus to the dealer (if its possible) or if I should wait to see if it really has a problem, and if so, ask for TCM to be replace when something happens.

Hope somebody can help me with an advice.

T
After stopping?
Shuddering happens on take off from a stop and gear changes... you would definately feel it. There should be some videos out there too to give you a better idea what to look for.
I would bring my car back in if there was even the smallest issue, as long as im not paying a fee they should bend over backwards to help their customers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a 12--& when it happens you will know it---mine has less than a year left on the Clutch pack warranty--'16 Certified loaded can be picked up cheap---worth it? When operating correctly a decent car---Do the '16's have the "B" clutch?

341 - 360 of 385 Posts