Focus Fanatics Forum banner

201 - 220 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took it in and told I needed a new clutch, but had to wait til it came in. Holiday weekend coming up, Im thinking early next week. "Itll be about two weeks, Ill give you a call." What?

Is that a go f&%k yourself? Didnt wanna get off on the wrong foot and call this guy a lying s.o.b. but that cant be right can it? Because of work Id be better off just having my guy do it Monday and hoping for reimbursement from Ford than sitting on my thumbs for two weeks(maybe more, it didnt seem like a "hard" two weeks). Then again whats the cost on that?

My options seem to be:
-call these people and getting a better appt time
-go to another dealer in the hopes of a better time
-pay for a quicker repair and maybe get it back from Ford

Either way should I press the issue on a new TCM too? It seems thats the best shot at a legit fix. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Took my 2012 to the dealer in May 2015, barely made it because it was slipping so bad. Was told it was at least a six week wait for clutch parts.... The car also had 2 new TCM's installed within an 8 month period. Anyway, I took it, limped in to a really close Toyota dealer and drove out with a new Toyota. I had to eat about $4000 in upside down trade value but I couldn't have been happier to get out of that Focus. I'v owned, F150’s, 3 Rangers, 2 Mustangs, 2 Focus..... I will never buy another Ford product again. Which kinda sucks because I am interested in the new Ranger that is coming out in a few years, but Ford will never see another dime of my money.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Took my 2012 to the dealer in May 2015, barely made it because it was slipping so bad. Was told it was at least a six week wait for clutch parts.... The car also had 2 new TCM's installed within an 8 month period. Anyway, I took it, limped in to a really close Toyota dealer and drove out with a new Toyota. I had to eat about $4000 in upside down trade value but I couldn't have been happier to get out of that Focus. I'v owned, F150’s, 3 Rangers, 2 Mustangs, 2 Focus..... I will never buy another Ford product again. Which kinda sucks because I am interested in the new Ranger that is coming out in a few years, but Ford will never see another dime of my money.
I'm sorry about the loss you took, I was luckier when I dumped my 2012 a couple years ago, before the knowledge f the problem became widespread to all the dealers. At the time I could see it was just another car to the dealer. This forum is littered with posts about long waits to get parts and even get in the svc dept.
I wish every affected owner would email their local newspaper and/or tv news station until finally someone would shine a national spotlight on this issue. (I already have done that)

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Took it in and told I needed a new clutch, but had to wait til it came in. Holiday weekend coming up, Im thinking early next week. "Itll be about two weeks, Ill give you a call." What?

Is that a go f&%k yourself? Didnt wanna get off on the wrong foot and call this guy a lying s.o.b. but that cant be right can it? Because of work Id be better off just having my guy do it Monday and hoping for reimbursement from Ford than sitting on my thumbs for two weeks(maybe more, it didnt seem like a "hard" two weeks). Then again whats the cost on that?

My options seem to be:

Either way should I press the issue on a new TCM too? It seems thats the best shot at a legit fix. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving.
Working through Ford is the only practical option.

Rough estimate offhand is that 'your guy" would need to spend ~ 6-7K on Ford type computer/software subscription/tools to do the clutch pack installation/update plus wait for the parts.

Collecting from Ford for repair NOT done by their Dealer would be problematic, they require Dealer to send data for approval before THEY are authorized to do it under warranty.

Out of Warranty replacement runs about $1200 from what's been posted here.

Ask your guy about it, don't take our word.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told that the clutch itself needs replaced in my 2012 se focus and that it is covered 100% by ford and that ford will also cover rental car I bought mine used at 75,000 I noticed a vibration and honing sound at 55 75mph and so I went the dealer and was told that. They said the clutch was on back order and would be a few weeks in very happy because I had no warranty on my car this was told to me by Rikart car sales in Columbus Ohio of anyone has this issue I recommend checking it out

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

My options seem to be:

Hi ffs11,

I want to look into this further. What's your mileage?

Meagan

·
Registered
129 Posts
Took mine back in after 5kmiles of having the TCM and clutches replaced. Gotta call from Ford informing me that the TCM is bad again.

Will have to give our Ford reps here some kudos for insisting I take it back in. Thanks guys.

·
FF Affiliate
30,624 Posts
Well first , My Custom Tune isnt a "Patch " It properly adjust your TCM to do what Ford should be doing to the software updates

So you had rather make the stand and say I will suffer with how my DCT is working trying to make Ford fix the problem and by golly if they dont I will take a loss and loose money making them buy it back .... Yea that makes sense ... Good luck with that !

My Custom tune is more for the ones that like there Focus DCT and just wish the DCT would act like it is suppose to.

I have offered a refund of 429.00 if your not happy with my custom tune for the DCT , I have done 9 Custom tunes for major DCT issues now , no one wants there money back so far , And done hundreds of Custom tunes for the MK3 to date

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clutch replacement at 103,000 miles on 2012 focus

I just put my 2012 Ford Focus in the shop due to "intermittent symptoms of loss of transmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power" The dealer just called and stated yes that is the problem but also the clutch at a cost of $2295.00 Oh yes there is a warranty at 100k but I have 103k. Yep 3k more than the warranty. I have had problems with this car since 10k miles. It has been reprogrammed 2x and I have brought it in 2 other times and stated it has a rattling noise at switching gears at 10-20 mph and then at 55 mph. It still shuddered but not as often. Per the service manager "this is normal in these cars". I have the paperwork. As I stated to the service manager today the clutch would not have gone bad at 103k miles if all this time it was not having problem shifting which wore out the clutch. She said yes but Ford considers the computer program aka below warranty different than clutch problem. I have a car that resell is $5500 but i have to pay $2295 to sell it. May be better to junk it for tax write off.

The warranty for 150,000 miles I referred above is: Ford is extending the warranty coverage on the DPS6 Automatic Transmission Control Module (TCM) to 10 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. This extended warranty coverage will address intermittent symptoms of loss of transmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this coverage will last through September 30, 2015. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

·
FF Affiliate
30,624 Posts
Sure , thats how Ford is going to cover a lot of the wasted money they have thrown at the DCT over the years , run out of warranty and pay for more wasted parts to go into the DCT that doesnt help the ones under warranty

At 2295.00 your about paying for all the things done to your DCT why under warranty

Tom

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Might want another estimate, that sounds a lot higher than others paid before the warranty was expended or were told it would cost if not under warranty.

Few actually paid, and it's been a while, but that DOES sound 5-10 high.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey guys, im new to this forum yet i have some serious questions regarding some strange events that happened today and a few times on my 2015 Ford focus DCT. Today i was driving and went WOT to catch up with traffic and when i hit the higher rpm band the car lost all power including on the second gear ,it felt like it never left 1st gear as if it was stuck. i lost power for about a minute before the transmission was able to catch . This also happened to me on the highway before and was during acceleration (moderate) and it took a good minute for the car to get back into gear and it shuddered horribly and i believe the check engine/transmission message came on . what do you guys think about this ? could it be the TCM ? the car only has exactly 4,000 miles.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey guys, im new to this forum yet i have some serious questions regarding some strange events that happened today and a few times on my 2015 Ford focus DCT. Today i was driving and went WOT to catch up with traffic and when i hit the higher rpm band the car lost all power including on the second gear ,it felt like it never left 1st gear as if it was stuck. i lost power for about a minute before the transmission was able to catch . This also happened to me on the highway before and was during acceleration (moderate) and it took a good minute for the car to get back into gear and it shuddered horribly and i believe the check engine/transmission message came on . what do you guys think about this ? could it be the TCM ? the car only has exactly 4,000 miles.
Its under warranty, take it right in..

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi Fabio0716,

Heading to your dealer's a great first step. I want to check out some options. Please send me a private message with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

201 - 220 of 385 Posts