Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 200 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Went to start my 1012 Focus last Friday and it wouldn't start.

I had to get it towed to the local dealer.

They said it was under warranty (bad transmission control module) and there was no charge.

I assume Ford won't reimburse for the towing charge under this scenario?
But in case Ford doesn't....check with your insurances company....that's if you have towing....they should be able to reimburse you....mine did!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got new clutch and seals,TCM was bad so I got that to, Does anyone know if this is the latest clutch, BV6Z*7B546*F.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
FSA 15B22 is the one for a programming update to add TCM failure warning capabilities. Letter out on that offering the update thru 6/16/16.

TSB 15-021 we don't have a listing for yet, seems to refer to reprogramming to the latest shifting software update. Some reports of that being done automatically when going in for the 15B22.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Anybody know if these new TCM's are different or improved over the old ones? I got one too-------I do notice shift points in low gears are longer ......?? MJB

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had 14M01 work done last year in late November or early December. I was told that I would need to drive 1000-1500 miles for the shuddering and stuff to go away. I have driven about 3000 miles since then and nothing really got better.

I was about to take my car back in to have it looked at again and then coincidentally I got a letter for this 14M02 program. That's all fine and dandy, but my issue is is that when I brought my car in I was told that a certain amount of stuttering is to be expected out of my model and that they would apply the update to my car but there wasn't much more they could do for me. I've read the horror stories about people being told similar things on these forums and since it's happened to me, it really made my optimism about resolving this annoying issue diminish. I asked the gentlemen why Ford would design a car that would stutter and my answer was "To improve gas mileage."

Now I understand that the man's response shouldn't be taken as absolute truth, especially since the man I talked to the first time I went in for this problem almost a year ago was very understanding about my frustrations, but why on earth would Ford design a car with a super annoying issue that thousands of people apparently have for the sake of boosting gas mileage numbers? It just doesn't make sense.

I don't mean to sound unreasonable, because I know how complicated cars are now days and I know it's not realistic to expect every employee of Ford to have every answer to every problem, but why does it seem that so many of us "Focus Fanatics" have the same recurring problem and none of us can seem to get a straight answer? I'd rather receive a straight up "We don't know what's going on" response than an answer that tries to to rectify the car's problems by saying it was intentionally designed this way for a reason. I have yet to hear someone brag about how much they love the way their car stutters when they try and accelerate, and if I ever do hear someone legitimately say that and mean it, I will come back to this thread, delete this comment, and drive my car until it turns to dust.

But until then, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that this problem can finally be fixed once and for all. I love Ford and everything it represents, but if I can't get this issue fixed, I may have to look into trading it in for another car, selling it, or looking into the lemon laws. The problems so many of us have experienced with this stutter is unacceptable, and we deserve to reach a resolution :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I had 14M01 work done last year in late November or early December. I was told that I would need to drive 1000-1500 miles for the shuddering and stuff to go away. I have driven about 3000 miles since then and nothing really got better.

I was about to take my car back in to have it looked at again and then coincidentally I got a letter for this 14M02 program. That's all fine and dandy, but my issue is is that when I brought my car in I was told that a certain amount of stuttering is to be expected out of my model and that they would apply the update to my car but there wasn't much more they could do for me. I've read the horror stories about people being told similar things on these forums and since it's happened to me, it really made my optimism about resolving this annoying issue diminish. I asked the gentlemen why Ford would design a car that would stutter and my answer was "To improve gas mileage."

Now I understand that the man's response shouldn't be taken as absolute truth, especially since the man I talked to the first time I went in for this problem almost a year ago was very understanding about my frustrations, but why on earth would Ford design a car with a super annoying issue that thousands of people apparently have for the sake of boosting gas mileage numbers? It just doesn't make sense.

I don't mean to sound unreasonable, because I know how complicated cars are now days and I know it's not realistic to expect every employee of Ford to have every answer to every problem, but why does it seem that so many of us "Focus Fanatics" have the same recurring problem and none of us can seem to get a straight answer? I'd rather receive a straight up "We don't know what's going on" response than an answer to a problem that won't go away and trying to rectify the car's problems by saying it was intentionally designed this way for a reason. I have yet to hear someone brag about how much they love the way their car stutters when they try and accelerate, and if I ever do hear someone legitimately say that and mean it, I will come back to this thread, delete this comment, and drive my car until it turns to dust.

But until then, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that this problem can finally be fixed once and for all. I love Ford and everything it represents, but if I can't get this issue fixed, I may have to look into trading it in for another car, selling it, or looking into the lemon laws. The problems so many of us have experienced with this stutter is unacceptable, and we deserve to reach a resolution :)
There are a lot of holes in Fords original explanations for these issues and design flaws.
1. dual clutch transmissions don't need to stutter to deliver good mileage, other makes use them and they run much better. I had a vw dog, which is a "wet" clutch dual nd it was smooth.
2. it may well be that the dry clutch version is more troublesome in all brands.
3. stutter can go away after some ford repairs, this would be impossible if it were intended and normal.
4. many owners took the initial ford smokescreen "everything is normal" memo as gospel....IT WASN'T
5. sadly I think you are right, there just is no permanent fix, not that I have seen in 3 years + of posts anyway

I traded out to another brand 2 years ago and it just plain starts, runs and goes fine everyday, hot weather or cold. THIS is what we are supposed to get when we buy a new car. Not the circus detailed here in hundreds of posts spanning over 3 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I traded out to another brand 2 years ago and it just plain starts, runs and goes fine everyday, hot weather or cold.
That must be nice :D lol but in all seriousness, I agree completely with your response. From what I have heard though, the '15s run perfectly fine. If only they could apply their technology to us older models!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That must be nice :D lol but in all seriousness, I agree completely with your response. From what I have heard though, the '15s run perfectly fine. If only they could apply their technology to us older models!
If indeed they have, its a sad day for all the 2012-2014 owners who have problems because the situation is this, if you have problems with 2012-2014 DCT's, there is no true fix available and you are stuck in an endless loop of dealer visits, dealer denials, fixes that don't work and then escalated fixes that don't work.
meanwhile your neighbor buys a 2015 and doesn't even know there was ever a problem.
Not to mention the original memo saying many problems were "normal" and you must be driving it wrong. I lost count how many owners actually bought that one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If indeed they have, its a sad day for all the 2012-2014 owners who have problems because the situation is this, if you have problems with 2012-2014 DCT's, there is no true fix available and you are stuck in an endless loop of dealer visits, dealer denials, fixes that don't work and then escalated fixes that don't work.
meanwhile your neighbor buys a 2015 and doesn't even know there was ever a problem.
Not to mention the original memo saying many problems were "normal" and you must be driving it wrong. I lost count how many owners actually bought that one.
It really is a shame. The last thing I want to do is have to buy another car and go through the hassle of trying to get rid of this stutter riddled automobile I currently have, because besides the stuttering I really do enjoy this car, but what other solution is there when not even the people who make them have a concrete answer to the issue? I would like to say I've been quite patient and have never conducted myself in a rude matter towards and employee of Ford, but when it feels like we're all just trying to beat a dead horse, I guess enough just becomes enough :/

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It really is a shame. The last thing I want to do is have to buy another car and go through the hassle of trying to get rid of this stutter riddled automobile I currently have, because besides the stuttering I really do enjoy this car, but what other solution is there when not even the people who make them have a concrete answer to the issue? I would like to say I've been quite patient and have never conducted myself in a rude matter towards and employee of Ford, but when it feels like we're all just trying to beat a dead horse, I guess enough just becomes enough :/
I traded into another make and at the time (two years ago) the dealer didn't seem to be aware of the DCT problems. whereas talk here of late indicates ford gives very low trades on these because they DO know

·
Registered
24 Posts
I traded into another make and at the time (two years ago) the dealer didn't seem to be aware of the DCT problems. whereas talk here of late indicates ford gives very low trades on these because they DO know
Yeah, I've read about that. I'll just have to look into selling it on my own then. It just sucks knowing I'll probably sell it for less than I owe :/

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
The 2015's havent been available for long enough. You very well may seem them appear here more and more as time goes by. Most of the complaints I have seen here seem to be after some bit of mileage has been put on the car.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Riddle me this how can they keep selling & building cars with same issues? Are we all stupid or hoping not me? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm at 6500 miles on a 2015 Ti, and I have yet to have any problems. So why, if my 2012 was "normal," am I having better results? They know, but will never admit it.

181 - 200 of 385 Posts