Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item Description - First and foremost, I listed this as new because the actual blower and jackshaft are brand new, however, the rest of the parts in the kit have 5000 miles on them. This kit had an installation flaw that made a bad vibration within the bearings and after 5k miles, I sent the jackshaft and blower unit back to Vortech. I purchased a BRAND NEW blower unit and jackshaft with all hardware from them and it has been sitting in the boxes they came in for about 2 weeks. So essentially you are getting a new blower unit and shaft, but the cooler and all hardware have 5000 miles on them, practically brand new with my 100+ highway mile daily commute.

The rest of the parts in the kit (all mounting hardware, hoses, lines, electrical, cooler, pump, tank, instruction mauals, etc) are in great condition. The sole reason I am selling the kit is because I am taking my Focus in a different direction (built engine with turbo) for the high altitude driving I endure (Denver, CO ~5300 ft). I have added some additional parts to the kit that I am including in this sale:

CFM 5.7" crank pulley (never installed) - Never got around to installing this on the kit due to the bearing issues, so I am including it in this sale.
Russell SS oil drain line - I replaced the kit's rubber drain line with a stainless steel line from Russell to a) clear the FS race header and b) ensure that no melting of the drain line could occur being close to the header (which did happen).
SVT Lightning IAT sensor - Talk to anybody and this is the setup you need to have. This will require some resoldering of your MAF wires, but this will give your ECU the PROPER inlet air temp reading for the optimum timing curve. This was tapped and located in the charge tube b/t the aftercooler and throttle body (see pics).
SVT Focus MAF sensor and housing - This was a doozy to get. The MAF sensor is easy, but the tube is insanely hard to get. I ended up having to buy a $245 SVT Focus airbox and use just the tube to make this setup work. The MAF is good to about 210-220WHP, pleanty for the big boost pulley and all.
$50 Credit at Summit Racing for Battery Box Kit - This is so that the buyer can relocate his battery to the trunk or wherever. The Vortech relocation kit I sold to a friend, and I ended up using a Summit Racing battery relocation kit which I personally love. This will be shipped to your door from Summit, I apologize for any inconvenience.

And now, the rest of the story. There are 2 KEY elements I am NOT including in this kit. First and foremost, tuning. I used an SCT Pro Racer Package/Raptor and chip to tune my setup (with some monstrous big help from Randy at FocusSport), and since I plan on using this in my next setup, I'd rather keep it instead. If you have a JFA8 we can MAYBE talk, but it's going to have to be very serious. Plus Randy has some awesome deals going on with the Pro Racer package so you have no excuse but to get one. Secondly, I'd rather not include the injectors I have. They are CFM Bosch 42lbs and I would like to use them in my next project. If you want them, tack on $125 for the set, but they are $165 brand new at CFM and personally I'd like a brand new set if I were buying this anyways.

Asking/Offering Price - $3300 OBO (or $3425 with injectors) PLUS split shipping (1/2 me 1/2 buyer) (and I'm not parting out the kit or asking for trades, this needs to be a straight up sale)
Email Address - [email protected] or PM
Your Location - Superior, CO
Pics - I can take more pictures of the rest of the hardware, but these are just the main items:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am entertaining serious offers now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One last bump before it hits ebay, still taking offers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts