Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch was slipping and ford dropped the tranny and said that the stock clutch that was on the car was weak and they are putting in the new updated clutch that is supposedly stronger?

just wondering if anyone has this update, if you do how is it?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Wish I had knew and it was available months ago. My clutch went out at 8700 miles, just started slipping. I've got a aftermarket clutch and flywheel now, but I sure could have saved some money.....Oh Well.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
You can make your clutch slip, if you really want to know what it feels like - just don't let the clutch all the way out when you try to accelerate. The engine will rev high, and the car will not move forward as fast as it should be, if it moves at all. OF COURSE, this is BAD for your clutch. So if you try it just to see what it's like, only do it once, and only do it for a second or two. Unless you are looking to buy a replacement clutch soon.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Are alot of the SVTs loseing their cluth?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
eeek not good

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Now that's a major issue! As long as it get replaced under warr I guess. I haven't heard about this before. Hopefully I won't get this problem. ... Did it happen while driving and leave you stranded someplace?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yeah thats what i hope it happens under warranty if at all ive never heard of that before ethier but who knows

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Slipping: Mine in 4th, 5th and 6th did this. When at a low rpm of like 2800 or 3000 you push the gas to accelerate and your engine revs and rpm climbs but your speed stays the same. Hence.....clutch slipping.

The clutch is a wearable item, but remember that 12 months or 12, 000 "EVERYTHING" is covered including all wearable items.

Sorry, my dealer and I did not agree to disagree when my clutch went out, and I ended up calling Ford on them. Which changed their tune, and we worked everything out. [:D]

To answer some of your questions, Yes the clutch is a issue and several and I do mean several SVTF owners have had their's replaced, whether from a slipping clutch or a loose flywheel. SVT is aware of this and has been for awhile now and Ford is very much aware of this and has from the sound of it found a way to fix it. Yea for them, but just a little too late for some of us.

Sorry to rant, no offense intended.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts