Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my car dyno'd today at PTuning on their dyno dynamic. Remember its the lowest reading of all dynos. My tires are about .6" taller so that made my torque not go up that much, but either way its pretty good! In comparison, my car makes 250+whp on a dynojet, and 245wtq

My car was remotely tuned by Focussport. A/F ratio goes from 11.4 down to 11.1 across the rpm range. PERFECT.

Focussport Rules!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought mustang dynos were the lowest reading dyno...
nope.. they read low, but dyno dynamics read the lowest..

and thanks everybody! you'll love being boosted.. its such an awesome feeling when the boost kicks in :) and its fun to be riding next to a cocky guy in a mustang at 35mph and be able to floor it and roast both front tires.. makes them be a little more humble.. lol

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
i need a ride in a turbo duratec

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Very nice. I'll have to keep my eyes open for you car when I roll through F-burg.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
awesome numbers, are you still on the stock bottom end?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Streetracer. Nice Numbers! Have You Ever Done The 1320? I Have An '06 Zx3 Auto, Completely Stock. What Kind Of Changes Would You Recemend For A Start? Where Did You Get The Turbo And How Much? I Work With A Guy With An '03 Svt With A Supercharger. He Also Has A Racing Engine In It. He Has Made Several Upgrades, Suspension,brakes,etc. He Said That The Duretec's Were No Good! For A Stock Car I Love Mine. I Just Seen The 2010 In My Ford, Ican't Wait! I Told My Wife The Next One Will Be A Stick. My '06 Will Go To My Daughter For Graduation In 2012. I've Thought Of Power Adders But I Want To See What The New One Has To Offer First. Hopefully An Mk2 Svt! That Mk2 Is An Awsome Car, I Think It Would Sell Well Here In The States.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks. yeah im makin too much power.. lol. i ran a [email protected] had a 2.6 60' time. i couldnt get traction.. with some slicks i should be in the high 12s. the duratec is a great engine, more people like it than the zetecs. once i build my motor, im hoping for around 350whp on pump gas.

depending on how much you want to spend, you can get a turbo for your car. focussport.com is where i got my turbo kit. it is great. it can be installed on an auto car as well as a manual. there was a guy on here that ran 13.78 at 100 in the 1/4 mile with his auto. youd need to run about 215 or less whp though with the auto. theres only so much it can handle. if you dont want to go turbo, an intake and exhaust and tune would be good. that would add a pretty good amount of power for less than $1,000. it depends on your budget

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've Been A Ford Hot Rod Fan All My Live. I Bought My Car New As A Work Car. I've Been Thinkin About Some Hop-ups. But Now I Might Wait To See The 2010. If It's As Sharp As The One Shown In My Ford I'll Have One. I Really Liked The St When I Seen The Pictures, But Like I Said Mine Was Ment For A Work Car.plus My Wife Cant Drive A Stick. She Can Run The '06 I'll Get The New One. I Just Joined The Site Today Hopefully I'll Find Helpful Info. Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
hey street how much did you pay for your kit?
and what all have you done to your engine?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
focussport has the kits on sale right now for 3800.00.

Bitt, for helpful info, please check out the stickied threads, by clicking on the thread at the top of this DTEC Perf. forum. theres a TON of stuff in there, to get you started on the site.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts