Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i sold my old setup and got something new i like this new setup better then my old one (personaly). its the SPA manifold With a Comp turbo with the v band housing[headbang] this setup will have a full 3in stainless downpipe and the whole downpipe and flexpipe will be all v band clamps [hihi]. so far i have shaved the SPA manifold so it will be a nice smooth finish for the ceramic coating. ill keep this thread updated ill be getting the turbo monday or tuesday and i will be sanding the compressor housing down and polishing it. also ill be moving my maf tube to where the straight part of the pipe in the pic is. and i have made a new pcv plate with me plasma cutter :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
ceramic coating is a must for that manifold. It will rust and not look good. Who r you going to send it to? Good luck with this time around.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a local guy who did my last manifold in 1800 degree black for 80.00 bucks not bad

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idk prob alot cheaper i can ask if you want i drop the mani off tomorrow he has 1300 degree silver 1800 degree black and a new 2800 degree black i have no clue why anyone would need that high but he offers it

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Seems like the only choice out there is the SPA manifold unless you have a custom one made.

It should look great coated and polished, I will look forward to more pics.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey Roushturbo, can you give me the guy's info who coats your stuff?

What's the difference in the numbers? Is it the temperature to which the paint can withstand?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes thats the temp that it can with stand and his number is (727) 393 7581 Ask for ceramic coating and they will direct you one side of the shop is exhaust the other side is ceramic coating

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats the size of the new turbo?

Its the same size comp turbo that Tom uses on his kit except mine will have a 3in v-band on the exhaust housing

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I'm glad your getting your new turbo so quickly! Were you just not happy with the gtk-450? That thing was friggin huge!

When is the tuning date tentatively scheduled?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It wasn't so much big as how inefficent it was atleast on the focus and whenever I get done with putting it together it will get tuned

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
What whp are you planning on making? Running xPSI?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im not gonna say numbers because when i do i have bad luck (i swear it sucks) but just look at some of Toms kits that were dynoed and add some more psi to it :)

But also update i just dropped off my SPA turbo mani and the ceramic coater said it would be 50.00 bucks WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
James you do we will go steal Robs focus and sell it LOL jk Rob and james when are we gonna have another meet

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I dont know if his ride is worth much.JK. Let us know when you're up and running and we can put something together.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
i resent that! it may be the slowest here and I do want to turbo it one day, but damnit I love my car!

Good luck! You coulda swapped in a v-8 by now...

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hahahahaha lmao and i doubt i could of put a v8 in it i thought of the idea of it but its wayyyyyyyyy to expensive

1 - 20 of 77 Posts