Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Focus Titanium is currently at the dealership for transmission issues. There are 2 different field service actions on my car related to my transmission 15B22 and 14M02.
I guess my question is how does a 2014 car with less than 75,000 miles need a new transmission because the recall does not cover the clutch plate??? WTF is wrong with this picture?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the MkIII Problems section where you can find much more information.

Something is confused in your story, or details lacking. Replacement of the dual clutch assy. does NOT require full transmission replacement.

15b22 was a programming update, mainly for extra DTC's to warn of TCM issues.

14M02 is a warranty extension on the TCM for all cars through 2015.

14M01 warranty extension on clutches/seals/programming didn't extend to later production 2014 models, and hasn't been extended to later cars to date.

·
Registered
484 Posts
....I have had 4 clutch packs & a TCM replacement to date (all warranty) '12 Focus with now 77k miles----the Tech Forum told me other than replacing the clutch packs the actual trans is bullet proof decent...I have latest & greatest "B" with almost 2k on it & shifts great...time will tell..(Ford should extend all years all models of the DCT -clutches-TCm's etc for 10 years unlimited miles!! (once fixed right the perception & sales will increase again)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts