Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
So, it’s up to those of us with the DCT to file for a claim on their website, correct? Thank you for providing that article. My 2013 has been a headache since I bought it in 2014, however with work & life I haven’t taken it in a ton of times, like many people, however I typically mentioned the trans on most oil change visits, had a failed TCM, flash updates & two clutch repairs, so idk if I’d qualify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the claim website has been updated with the new payouts. With as much as th as lawyers are getting paid, I wish they would keep us better informed of new developments and the newspapers have been putting them to shame so we'll just have to wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not approved, not by the courts yet. Ford went back to the arbitration table and came up with what they hope are favorable enough terms to deal with this albatross. Starting at the sixth paragraph:

"Ford believes the settlement is fair and reasonable, and we anticipate it will be approved by the court following the hearing next month," Ford spokesman T.R. Reid said late Friday.
The proposed agreement in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California improves on an earlier version that an appeals court declined to accept in September. Improvements include:
  • A guaranteed commitment from Ford of $30 million in cash reimbursement to consumers who have a record of multiple failed transmission repairs within five years of buying their cars or 60,000 miles
  • An easier process for former owners and people who leased the cars to get compensated
  • Simplifying a buyback program for defective vehicles"

·
Registered
348 Posts
The terms of reimbursement seem pretty shitty compared to the issues Ford knew.
I'd say so. From CarComplaints.com:

Payments begin at $200 for the third dealer visit and a customer may receive an additional $275 for the next dealer visit and $350 after that. The most a customer can receive is $2,325 after the eighth dealer visit.

In place of reimbursements, a customer may choose a certificate valued at twice the amount of cash payment to be used toward the purchase or lease of a new Ford vehicle.

Ford Fiesta and Focus customers who don't qualify for cash payments may qualify for payments for the third dealer visit to update the transmission control modules. A customer may receive $50 starting with the third software flash up to a total of $600 with a 7-year/100,000 mile limitation.
It does not even remotely punish Ford for knowingly selling a defective transmission, blaming the consumer, making the consumer fight to have it fixed without paying out of pocket, and compensate the consumer for each time they were inconvenienced as a direct result of Ford's blatant lies.

Furthermore, at the end of the day, customers are still stuck with a car running a defective and unfixable transmission. The value of of the car in the toilet and for a lot of people, it's borderline undriveable. Meanwhile, Ford barely notices.

Shitty, indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts