Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just picked up some new toys for my focus.

VF Rear motor mount:

Borla Cat-back:

Still waiting to pick up my CFM High Flow Cat...I'll add some pics of that when I get it. The install date is set to next Saturday @ 10am. I plan on getting some sound clips too...but all I have is my digital camera that can record short movie clips so hopefully the sound won't suck. I can't wait, I'm so excited [:)]

EDIT: Here are the pics of the CFM High FLow Cat I just picked it up, they said I'm probably the first one to actually recieve it. Thanks again C-F-M.

Pics:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very cool, I liked the Borla that I had on my XR4ti. Quiet at low speeds, and screams up top. The rear motor mount is probably the first thing I will do once all the paperwork goes through and I can pick up my new(er) car.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
*jealous*

·
Registered
715 Posts
take a clip before and after install. taht'll help us with comparing, as we should have a good idea as to what it sounds like stock then. nice pickups btw! good luck with the install!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Looks and sounds like a fun weekend project to me. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys...I added pics of the HF Cat and I will try to get before and after clips for you all. [thumb]

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Very nice stuff you have there....now....where do you live and where do you keep that stuff? lol. I can't wait to graduate college so I'll have money to buy stuff for my car.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Looks like you'll have a fun weekend putting everything on. Sound clips would be nice. Hope the install goes good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd like to know how that Borla will sound on the SVT. very interesting!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update...I got everything installed this morning and I love the sound. I have clip but I'm going to try to get a better one still...and I still have to take the car out a bit more so I can give a proper review.
First reactions, so far are amazing the rear mount really stiffened things up she shifts much smoother now. The borla has a really nice growl and is only a little louder than stock at idle which is what I wanted. The CFM HF CAT fit perfectly, no clearance issues at all, and while I can't give any info on the sound of the CAT with stock exhaust on my Borla it sounds lovely [thumb]

I'll post the clips when I have them uploaded [:)]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MOVIE CLIP!

Well here you guys go...it's not the best clip but it works linky

Enjoy and do leave comments, I couldn't be happier with the products. Big thanks to CFM for the excellent parts, I recommend them to anyone looking for upgrades. After taking the car out for a spin the sound is great...Borla really growls with the CFM HF Cat down low, and up high it screams but not ricey sounding at ALL. The motor mount really holds the car steady and puts the power down, the shifts feel much smoother.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sounds good to me, you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me and my dad did the install together, was much easier with a second set of hands and some air tools [:)]

·
Registered
580 Posts
I bet, just curious if you did the install yourself b/c I'm looking for a decent place in the Orlando area that does exhaust type installs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts