Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in the next few months i plan on upgrading my sounds...are there any systems or set ups that are particularily better or cheaper...also...i dont want a 1000 watt set up..MAX of 500...also...what kind of price ranges can i run...thanks for your info

·
Registered
316 Posts
Try going to a smallish local car audio shop.. not like best buy or circuit city.. a non-chain owned by someone with an interest in making you happy.

Look around there and ask some questions...that should give you a better idea of what you want.. at least you can listen to some stuff and get an idea of price ranges..then see how those prices compare to online.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am going sub-less. I got a new head unit, and I am buying four speakers, one for each door. No amps or subs. I don't want that much bass. Its going to be a great sounding system and it won't be extremely expensive. Is this the kind of setup you were thinking of?

I have the sony cdx-gt300 head unit and i am getting
boston acoustics s55 speakers (4)

So, that's about 140 + 100 + 100 = 340$

Is this helpful?

BTW, www.crutchfield.com and www.sounddomain.com are great places to look at.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i dont think you need those for the 05+... i could be wrong.. but my 06 didnt need them...

You just remove the cubby where the ash tray should be...and reach up behind the heater controls and push the trim piece out..then there are some bolts to take the OEM deck out...i think like 11mm socket iirc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts