Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up people i just got a comp orange svt focus its cool i was a diehard VW guy before but anyway hit me up with some pros about my new ride and the first mods I should do thanks

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You will love that car im sure. If you ever need anything from advice to help with parts, just ask, im sure you will get the answer you need man, and welcome.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
first mods... well, debadge, assumng it isnt already, tinted tails and corners.. then, i say go udp.. exhaust really isnt needed on the car as far as replacing goes, the svt exhaust is prteet good. cold air intake, cams, cam gears.. etc..

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
First mod i would suggest is a tune from Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions. Cant be beat for the$.
770-378-3447 f you call, tell him that Mike said call

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will a tune get rid of the slugish take of i'm use to turbo lag so it does not really bother me that much but if i could loose it that would be sweet

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes, the tune will change that and pretty much everything else. You wont believe the difference. Talk to Wayne my friend and he will tell you everything you need to know.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey man, cool to see a another dubber go svt. I was blacklisted from my friends when i said i bought a focus. HAha. Now they only have utter respect for the car.

I had two corrados and a mk4 gti. but the svt is the best car ive owned yet. I would say get some new tires, some falcons or bfgs. A tune is fine too, i havent gotten around to that yet. I started off with coilovers. Yeah i got greedy.

Youll love it man. Congrats/

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i got crap from my vdub boys until I let a few drive it .I had an mk4 1.8t and a 92 mk2 gti 16v

·
Registered
745 Posts
how do you like ur car up to now? definitely get a tune...its the best bang for the buck guaranteed

·
Registered
189 Posts
matthewstetz said:
first mods... well, debadge, assumng it isnt already, tinted tails and corners.. then, i say go udp.. exhaust really isnt needed on the car as far as replacing goes, the svt exhaust is prteet good. cold air intake, cams, cam gears.. etc..
I didnt know they made cams for the svt yet. Could someone fill me in?[???:)]

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I have both a GTI and an SVT, just 2 kinds of cool...

A - If you haven't already, go spend some of that mod money on entry fees for some local autocrosses. You simply can't have more fun with your car than safe, fast, competitve racing, just $25 for a day! Check the signature

B - Really good tires. Makes more difference than anything short of FI or coil-overs.

C - Tune.

·
Registered
189 Posts
sorry I dont have the time to read it. So they do mass produce the cams now. That is badass. Yeah call me a ******* now. I havent been around for a while.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Wow the Comp Orange is a sweet color, and the interior is awesome as well. I would say get a tune from one of the many aftermarket companies out there. There are plenty of opinions on each tune, and there are two different manufacturers of the flasher (Diablo and SCT). Do some searching around and go with one that you may like.

Short throw shifter and rear engine mount is another great install, they are pretty cheap and offer a great feel to the car.

From there, there are a whole slue of aftermarket options offering different advantages and disadvantages.

Welcome to the cool kids club!

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I always wanted to be cool!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the ideas peeps I think i'm going with the tune first

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice try dussin..I'm trying to make it faster not weigh it down with stereo equipment

1 - 19 of 19 Posts