Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought home an Infra-Red ZX5 the other day. I am no stranger to SVT as this is my 3rd (most of them Cobras). Needed to buy me a commuter vehicle so I coudl park my 96 snake. How do most of you like them?

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome. Are you signed up for the www.SVTOA.com site yet? Hopefully you are as you said you have other SVT's Welcome though.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I love mine so far. I've had it a little over 6 weeks.

03 infrared 3 door.

Oh and welcome, good to see you picked the fastest color.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello I just joined today, and about a month ago my wife purchased me a 2003 Comp Orange SVT. In the past couple of weeks I've had alot of people testing me on the road. I'm not into street racing but I'm into making people's cars wear the red dress.... There are two car clubs in this town that try to test my SVT a Cavalier Club and a VW Golf Club.... I'm from Florida but I'm in the military stationed in New Mexico. I have alot of friends in Florida that have Hondas and Toyotas and want to race me back at home. So I'll be runnin against a 97 Civic with a Integra Motor, Integra Type R, MR2 turbo and my uncles 90 Cavalier with a V-6. So I have alot of work cut out for me with making more performance before sending my car home. So please you guys give me some feedback on getting horsepower for my SVT. The first thing i'm looking at is Cat-back Exhaust.........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome! I traded my 2001 GT in for this SVT. I miss the kick-ass launch and low-end grunt of the GT, but I sure as hell don't miss my rear end trying to swing out on every speedy turn I encountered. The SVT Focus is a great machine, and I think you're going to love driving it! Congrats!

Sincerely,

Beetle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Before i had My SVT I had a 2002 ZX3.. I had a lot of problems with it like the Starter, Speedomoter, and was stranded in Florida on leave and the whole time I was in Florida my car was in the shop. It got so bad that I had to call FoMoCo about 5 times to get my point across. And this was about a year ago. Then when I was deployed my wife drive to Florida and it was the same thing all over again.... Don't get me wrong I love the little car but I didn't have the chance to enjoy it like I wanted to. I was looking into getting a 03 Civic Si but for what the car had vs. what the SVT had it was hands down to the SVT. Plus The only thing thing that we'll havein this family is a Ford...... ONLY THE TOP SELLERS HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome fellas.

Yeah, this car is really a blast to drive. I think its balance and cornering ability that makes it a hoot to drive. It doesnt have a ton of low end grunt but that torque comes on quick once you get it going. I tried to post a pic, but I am an idiot when it comes to downsizing them and obviously the one that I tried to upload was too large..lol. Go figure.

bowtiekiller, I know what you mean by "getting tested"...I think that I attract every, Honda, Talon, Acura and Toyota (from miles away) on my way to work everyday....at 34, I obviously let them go....unless I am driving my Snake.......then its a simple 1/2 shift and they are gone.....with exception to power adder guys..lol.

Not a member to SVTOA yet..I think I get a free membership for a year with my purchase.....we will see...........M

PS, is it normal to have a little bit of a rough idle at start up (and the first few minutes). Mine sure does, it is kinda sluggish at first then it planes out after it get warmed up. Anyone have this problem (need to search the archives)....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts