Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whasup guys. Newbie.

Been lurking and searching the forums today for a solution to a problem I have.

Car hung up in 4th gear this past weekend. Finally had a chance to look at it today and saw where the shifter cable had come apart at the tranny. (spring came out of the white coupling on the cable)
Got the spring back in and locked but I cannot get the cable back into the bracket that it is suppose to go in. (the one that keeps the cable stationary) Is there something obvious that I am missing?

·
Registered
666 Posts
You have to push down on the orange sprung clip while you insert the "zip tie" style cable end. Then release the orange clip (let go) and it should hold. Its tricky, but I did it on the side of the road using my cell phone as a flash light...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mike 1 said:
You have to push down on the orange sprung clip while you insert the "zip tie" style cable end. Then release the orange clip (let go) and it should hold. Its tricky, but I did it on the side of the road using my cell phone as a flash light...
Thanks for the response, but are we talking about the same area? I saw the orange thing you are referring to but it is a few inches from the piece I am referring to. (white cylinder object butted up against a black cylinder and the bracket goes in between them)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the "welcomes" guys

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
So....QWKSNKE, your from alabama? geez, ive been meeting more and more guys on here from 'Bama lately. where is weaver? sorry i dont have an answer for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Silverstreak, I am near the Anniston area

Mike 1, I will try to get a pick tomorrow afternoon. My wife was admitted to the hospital today so it may be late before they get posted

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=1100516

If you look in this picture out of WD's thread on the counterweight removal, you can barely see what I am talking about.

Both cables are unattached to the tranny linkage.
Look at the lower cable in the pic (below the one that has the orange thing displayed you referred to)
If you look at the lower cable and look to the left of the pic, you will barely see a white round thing that is part of the cable. This item is where the cable is mounted to a bracket on the engine to keep the cable stationary (so that you can shift)

This where my problem is at, I cannot get the cable assembly back into that bracket

1 - 10 of 10 Posts