Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am Paul and I am currently looking at a few cars. And a 2003 Focus SVT caught my eye. I have owned mostly Chevys and most of the time I owned Camaro's but I purchased a house and had to sell my Z28. Mostly because it had a blown head gasket and just couldnt afford to outright fix it. So now I am on the look for and fun sporty car to run to work and back. My Tahoe is one thirst pig.

Now I would like to get some advise on these cars if they are charging to much and what to look out for. The car is at a dealer and I know the price to me seems a bit high but I don't know much about them.

Here's the link of the one I was looking to take a look at sometime soon.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=17057&endYear=2015&showcaseOwnerId=67914995&startYear=1981&firstRecord=51&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&searchRadius=50&maxPrice=6000&showcaseListingId=378023437&listingId=380189310&Log=0

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
Thats alot of mileage for an SVT...For over 6K too... I think most cars like that will go for around 4K-4.5K.

But from what I have heard they are great cars to scoot around in. Now of course ask about when the timing belt was done, do a thorough look over, check for rust, see if all latches work. 02 censors go bad on these, thermostat housing leaks.

Never hurts to give it a test drive though! But I think the price is way high. SVT's around 55,000-80,000 will go for that price. It is a nice looking car though.

Here is the link to the sites buy sell trade thread. Just to give you an idea of what prices are for what people have done to their cars.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
Plus you dont know if that car was driven hard, to add to problems for down the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Those were some of my concerns as well. I have been lurking on here and another site. And I thought I would post some questions and see what every has to say. I was thinking if it could be had for about 5k then I would fell a little better about it. The fact of how clean the car makes me feel a little as ease but I would feel better looking at in person.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
Plus being at a dealership is going to cost you more than at a private party transaction. Feel free to pick the minds of anyone. I honestly wouldn't pay that much for it, that's just me. But when you go and it's everything you are looking for then I would say go for it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that why I would say 5K would be my max I am sure if they really want to sell the car they would try there best to move it. [cool]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I might have to go take a look at that SVT.

They just dropped the price down to $4,995

1 - 7 of 7 Posts