Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!! Just bought a 2017 focus st1.. it has some mods already done to the car alot of which I would've done anyways so here's the list...

Cobb AccessPort running custom Mountune tune (93 octane)
-Mountune front mount intercooler
-Greddy cat-back exhaust
-Steeda Lowering Springs (1")
-Steeda sound symposer delete
-Steeda shifter throw reducer
-Steeda clutch pedal spring (stiffer)
-K&N engine air filter
-VelossaTech Big Mouth intake snorkel
-Hella horns
-Custom vinyl roof wrap
-Pioneer touch screen head unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
-Custom dash bezel with storage compartment
-Infinity powered subwoofer
-Shark fin antenna

It needs tires replaced... it has aftermarket wheels 18x8 with 42 offset... I really want to go to a 245-40... will I run into any issues? I'm looking at nitto nt555 or the general gmax rs or bfgoodrich gforce sport comp 2 or any suggestions?
Is there anything I should be looking to do first? Anything that's missed?
Oil catch can? (If so which one and what side)
Down pipe? It's a daily driver and family hauler so I dont need a ton of power but does it have a significant advantage to replacing?
And a few little things on the list... what roof rack are people using and running?
Window vent visors?
Any other suspension mods I should look at for spirited driving (I also hope to get to Watkins Glenn this summer a time or 2 for sum fun laps)
Thanks in advance for any advice or input

·
Registered
7 Posts
Look into Firestone Indy 500's. They are great tires and cheaper than the ones you listed. Look at Tire rack's compare videos.
Keep in mind if you add a down pipe you will need a new tune.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds like you have a fun little car already lined up! Downpipe is recommended generally but will add a bit more noise and as Snooker says, you'll need a tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys!!! Thanks so much for the responses... I've owned around 30 vehicles and this lil torque monster is one of the most fun I've owned!!! Just got in my rear traction bar and my Cobb rear motor mount... still considering a down pipe and I get the need for a tune, follow up to that is I have the access port with the 93 monotune, so would I have to contact monotune to get a new flashed tune and would that cost money again? And if it would cost would there be a better route to getting the tuning done... love the input thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts