Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....checking in from North Carolina. My main Ford is a 2004 Mustang Cobra but I have recently added a 2007 Focus ZX4 S to the fold. I am really enamored with the brisk punch this little trooper has from the Duratec 2.0 and this body style kind of lends itself to the European meets Tuner Car vibe that I secretly admire. Secretly---because I am turning 60 September 27th and well, I'm not supposed to like the little tuner cars, right?

Been a gearhead all my life and I'm ole enough to remember the infamous "English Ford", had a hot rodded 1.6 liter Pinto back in high school that ran dual 2 bbl carbs and an offy manifold. I've had a lot of neat cars over the years and this one was bought in an estate sale for $600 dollars. Runs and drives like Day 1 and I want to do some cool with it. Got a set of Motegi MR116 rims for it already and an FSWwerks exhaust system already. Not going to sacrifice reliability but I am looking at a few moderate power adders to the Duratec which is mated to an automatic but it gets the job done. This car has only 60,000 original miles on it and I knew the guy who passed away. Remember when he bought it new. I love my toys and just can't wait to pull up to the light (after the Mods), roll down the tinted windows and these Millenials got a load of this old timer as he motors away from them. Good reading here to get some ideas from. That's why I joined [8D] ( as well as loving the RS Foci I've been reading about) Hope you guys don't mind me tagging along

Archie from NC (also known as "Musically Mr M") more on that later[headbang]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi welcome to FF! If you want to modify your car, a tune, header, exhaust, and a Steeda SRi or CAi, will really wake the car up.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Welcome to FF.....Like mentioned above a Steeda sri is a great upgrade...IDK how far you want to go.....A '05-'07 st manicat or a header, w/ Steeda's sri & tune will help...svtf front calipers/pads & rotors are a great upgrade also....Whats your music? Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham, John Paul Jones ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts