Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Definitely, not new to Ford. However, I am new to this platform, and this is my first Ford 4 cylinder. Spent most my time with SHO's and Mustangs.

I sold my daily driver a couple weeks ago(04 SRT-4). Was going to turn the garage queen into a daily(never seen rain or snow). Then thought if I could find something nice for decent money, I'd go that route. A tad sophisticated, then a yellow, gurgling, popping neon. The SVT Focus and SVT contour came to mind as others. Came across an ad with no pictures for a 2002 SVT Focus with only 29K original miles. Checked it out that weekend and agreed to buy it that day. Details of the car below.

29,015 Actual Miles
1-owner
Silver with Red/Blk int
100% Bone stock
No Accidents or paint work
Garage kept

Options:
Audiophile Pkg
Winter Pkg
Moonroof

Also came with a like new winter wheel/ blizzak tire set.

My friend, put the condition of the SVT best. "It's as if you got in a Delorean, went back to 2003 and bought the car when it was a year old."

Since it is my daily...I am going to keep it simple as my last SRT was.

Already ordered MSD wires and an AFE pro-dry S. About to order, all the parts needed for a timing belt change. At 12 years old, I'd rather be safe then sorry. Still on the fence to what plugs to buy. Factory Plats or the Copper ones.

Besides that, all I would like to do is a set of HIDs, maybe a solution for a center armrest, and perhaps a steeda STS.

Overall, I prefer it as a daily over my SRT-4. I will miss the power though.

Anything I should look out for or any additional preventive maintenance, let me know. thanks.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Wow, that is awesome to find a svt in that kind of condition. Welcome to FF. Are you on srt syndicate?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that is awesome to find a svt in that kind of condition. Welcome to FF. Are you on srt syndicate?
Thanks. Always liked them, almost bought one when they were new. Bought a 02 Mustang GT instead.

Surprisingly no. You would think after 6 SRT-4's and an SRT-6 I would have been. I spent most my time on SRTforums.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Nice find!

You've done your research enough that we don't have to tell you to change the belt - good job.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wow that's an awesome find! Usually I just skip the ads with no pictures but I guess this shows you shouldn't dismiss them entirely. lol

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Nice find, I bought mine 2 years ago with 5k miles. Platinum plugs are the way to go if you are going to stay stock or just bolt ons. I would pull them first. I changed mine but the old ones looked great when I took them out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What part of Chicago area are you? And where did you find it? Looks like a well cared for or "babied" car.
Western Burbs, found it on Craigslist, north burbs.

Nice find, I bought mine 2 years ago with 5k miles. Platinum plugs are the way to go if you are going to stay stock or just bolt ons. I would pull them first. I changed mine but the old ones looked great when I took them out.
Thanks. I am going to leave it simple. So I am sticking with the stock plugs as well.

All I have to say is it adds up quick...

MSD wires, Detail/waxing, Plugs, Filters, parts for timing belt replacement, and SVT license plate frames. I'm already approaching 500 dollars.

2 SVT license plate frames - 70 bucks. I should never gave my old ones to the owner when I sold my terminator.[facepalm]

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
NICE FIND MAN!!!

You can also get the build # of your car by calling Ford Performance M-F from 8 - 5 Eastern time and giving them your last 6 digits of your VIN #.

1.800.367.3788 then press "1" for SVT build info. You'll talk to an actual real person. I've talked to Isaac 3 times now...lol.

[cheers]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NICE FIND MAN!!!

You can also get the build # of your car by calling Ford Performance M-F from 8 - 5 Eastern time and giving them your last 6 digits of your VIN #.

1.800.367.3788 then press "1" for SVT build info. You'll talk to an actual real person. I've talked to Isaac 3 times now...lol.

[cheers]
Thanks. I forgot to mention. They had the original sticker and SVT certificate. Mine is #1123[clap]

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
That's an awesome find! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
367 Posts
DuPage County here, Elmhurst IL. Used to be in Contour org club in early 00's.

Glad I went back to hatchback Focus,
Have a good one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts