Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got started tuning my 2000 turbocharged zetec with the advantage III software and I've got alot of learning to do. I've got the SCT "The Basics of tuning" Book I've yet to read it front to back but I am trying. Anyway,

I've loaded up the Blownzetec values,60lb injector values. I've got a mafia and it is set to 3. I've done the apporiate adjustments to the low slope and high slope and engine displacement as stated by diablo.
I shut off the adaptive learning, EGR, and set the idle to 1050.

I've started by trying to get my stft bouncing at one and to get that done, I have multipled #/min column in the maf transfer function by .65 this gets the stft at idle near 1.[headbang]

Thats as far as i have succesfully gotten.
The driveability is smooth.

Now for tuning WOT....

I've pulled 5 degrees of timing from the bkt per the sct book. and in the base fuel table the top three rows I set the lambda to .75 shooting for a 11 afr.

This is where I am stuck. My afr 3rd gear wot starts around 12 and goes up. From reading the book I gathered that I need to divide my actual afr 12 by my target afr 11 equaling 1.09 and then multiply #/min in the maf transfer function by that number at the corresponding ad counts. Doing that has given me no success so far.

Is there something i am missing before tuning wot?

Then there is spark. From what i've gathered I adjust the bkt for adjusting spark. other than knowing that is where i adjust i have no clue where to start.

I've read a few threads one i remember with illinipo and blivit but that thread seemed to get off topic a few times and I would rather not jack it.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
message 1turbofocus...that is tom he can answer any question that has to do with a focus definately the guy to ask about a blown fofo

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If your going lean during a WOT pull you simply need to add more into the MAF transfer table.... its the key to getting your fuel right.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should put this project on hold until I can figure out what is making my knock sensor go off. I wish i had all the time in the world to do it but too much to do.

I pulled my plugs and on cylinder 4 plug the tip looked chipped or melted. I need to get the motor out and have someone look on the inside to see whats going wrong.

Tom the tune I have from you is running way lean now. It started when I had a vaccum leak I fixed the leak but it's still lean. The seasons have changed up hear, getting much colder, I thought that didn't matter though because the maf would adjust for the more dense air. Thats what i gathered from the thread with illinipo and blivit.

I'll get some plugs and get a log and send it along with my tune to you tom.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts