Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus Wagon. It is in great shape and no underbody rust. Bought it as a gas saver since my daily commute is 83 miles round trip. Went to the junk yard this past weekend and found new rims that are getting installed today. I've been reading all over this forum on lowering the car and understand the rear shocks can be challenging. Looking at H&R lowering springs but trying to figure out what shocks I need. Pic for everybody who may be interested.

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive side-view mirror

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some owners of low-stance vehicles also notice improved gas mileage. BUT, lowering a car too much will actually increase wind drag.

www.lesschwab.com/article/lowering-suspension-pros-and-cons.html

Makes me wonder. Looks good to me the way it is.
I'm only lowering 1.3" which doesn't seem like a ton. Anything is going to be better than the gas mileage I get with my 2017 Ram 2500 cummins. Plus the price of diesel has been through the roof. The other purpose of the car is to keep mileage off my truck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm only lowering 1.3" which doesn't seem like a ton. Anything is going to be better than the gas mileage I get with my 2017 Ram 2500 cummins. Plus the price of diesel has been through the roof. The other purpose of the car is to keep mileage off my truck.
I have a set of Megan racing springs on my focus which are quoted to drop it 1.5"
Honestly it just looks pretty normal now, a lot of stock cars ride even lower still.

You could just stick with stock shocks and you'll retain the factory ride quality.

I say go for it. I'm envious of the wagon

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
A couple months ago I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus Wagon. It is in great shape and no underbody rust. Bought it as a gas saver since my daily commute is 83 miles round trip. Went to the junk yard this past weekend and found new rims that are getting installed today. I've been reading all over this forum on lowering the car and understand the rear shocks can be challenging. Looking at H&R lowering springs but trying to figure out what shocks I need. Pic for everybody who may be interested.

View attachment 315207
Wagon looks nice. I also have a 2007 Focus wagon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts