Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I purchased a new to me 2009 Focus SES coupe. It's an automatic with 115k miles. I paid $2700. A little body damage by the bottom of the passenger door but only cosmetic and it does not bother me.

So far I've driven around town and about 50 miles on the highway. Seems like a good car. I notice a little vibration at idle and a slight wandering idle. From reading here I'm planning on replacing a motor mount and cleaning the throttle body.

Here is a picture of the engine bay. Anyone notice anything I'm missing? I seem some wetness around the spark plugs/coil pack. I think it's oil. Anyone see this before? Valve cover gasket?

I will check the air filter and plugs. Oil change. Anything else I should pay attention to at 115,000 miles?

·
Registered
218 Posts
This color is so uncommon for an SES, at least in my area. I like them. Red even more rare.
Valve cover gasket. Very typical thing. Check the forums: valve cover gaskets, sway bar end links and engine mounts are the most common issues. I see you have an ATX. If you do not have record of it being serviced you may want to do that. I cleaned my MAF sensor a few weeks ago and car seems to be running better, not that it was bad. I have a few more miles than you (119) bought it at 60. I pretty much follow the maintenance schedule to the letter. Been a good car for the most part, all the rubber bits eventually wear, but you can replace those on your own time if you have basic wrench aptitude.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts