Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,I'm new to the community.
We bought my daughter 03 ztx with a 2.0 zetec and we are having some issues unfortunately. It seem to start mostly on hot days with the air on. It drags the motor down almost to a stall when stopped and in drive. You could also feel it under load up a hill it would loose power momentarily etc. It has never stalled but seems to be getting worse it hesitates starting etc now even with the a/c off. I have cleaned the maf and the throttle body. I also removed and cleaned the iac. I also opened the the throttle bot a little from its closed position just to try it. I could get it to idle better with the air on but when you turned the air off the idle rpms were way up there. I moved it back to the original position. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks and again hello.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome to FF

Moved this to General Tech Chat for answers to repair questions.

Compression test? Look at spark plugs? No Codes or major running issues?

You'll find a few recent threads here with various comments on this, to the worst one that wouldn't start anymore because the A/C compressor was locked up.

Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no codes as of yet no major running issues unless this turns into one. thanks i will check out the general tech discussion.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Welcome and go Jets!!!!

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Look at the PCV hose where it goes to back of motor at bottom of intake, a common vacuum leak or collapsed hose there. It affects idle.

Won't idle right if ignition is crap either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts