Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, new guy here. i'm bringing my svtf in today for the starting, battery light issue. i have the TSB info and whatnot. hopefully they'll sort it out. it actually took about 8 tries ( not 8 cycles, 8 actual tries turning the key) for me to start my car one very cold afternoon. wish me luck...on a side note i just got some dunlop graspics for the winter. they make the back end kick out nicely on the hard turns on the dry pavement.. very fun.. i recommend them..
enjoy. ed

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome! Keep us posted on the fix for your problem.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the FF Forums. The YRF0 reflash should take care of your battery light issues and cold start problems.
I live in the south, no snow, so no winter tires for me, but it does sound like fun. [;)]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Welcome to the forums i feel ya there R&DSVTZX5 no snow for us although it would be a hassle

·
Registered
990 Posts
hi

[cheers] [drinking] [welcome] [wiggle] [wiggle] [wiggle]

·
Registered
793 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the board!

On a side note, and I truly don't mean to jack your thread, but garyk, I think I saw you at VIR on August 2 & 3 in 2003. I was there with my 93 fox Mustang for the open track weekend and to crew for my buddy who races. This was before I was into the Focus. I certainly noticed your silver Focus though, got me interested in a hurry. Was that you parked on the hill near the staging area?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no worry's about the thread siunara.. i just got my svtf back and i hope it's all set. i brought a print out of the TSB for them to see so i wouldn't get the run around. i think it worked. i didn't come off as a know it all, i just told them i poked online abit to see if i could dig up some info on my little problem. so they flashed it. and of course they did not detail my car like they're supposed to for the svt folks. i didn't mention it. by the way. has anyone actually had theirs detailed when they brought it in? just curious. just getting the svt back is enough. i'm happy to say i've had none of the other problems i've heard of. if the problem resurfaces i'll let you all know. thanks for the warm welcome. shiny side up! enjoy. ed

·
Registered
990 Posts
yep

that was me up by the big bathrooms. we ended up not racing that weekend (a long story) but what started out as a terrible weekend (lost brakes on tow vehicle, luckily in driveway) got there a day late and went home early, turned out for the best. turns out car had a bad tie rod from the week before at summit point (pretty good off) and was just nanoseconds from totally coming apart. if i had gone on track, probably would have crashed big time. it was one of those so many things have gone wrong so far that ive got a bad feeling about this weekends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts