Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between 2011 and 2012 Focus hatch. Thank you!

·
Registered
258 Posts
There was not a hatchback for the 2008-11 models. I think that's the biggest difference.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Not in the US anyway, but there was in Europe! That doesn't do us much good here though! Just use Wikipedia... you should see immediately what's different, lol.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2011 4 door is the same as 2012 4 door? I'm trying to get a feel of what parts can be used. Like is the 2011 sedan stock exhaust the same as 2012

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The 2012 is a totally different car from the 2011 in the USA.
The USA 2012 is like the 2011 and such Euro cars.
The biggest complaint i had was when Ford did not bring the Euro Focus over heree way back when, but instead 'refreshed' the old Focus design for 2008 to 2011. (I refused to buy a new car until the Euro Focus came hre.. i had to wait four years...)
Ford COULD have brought over the Euro Focus in 2008 instead.

I do have to say the 2012 is a great car...
I do not know what if any Euro part before the 2012 fit the USA 2012.

NOTHING from the USA 2011 fits the 2012. Cep't maybe lightbulbs! not even the wheels...

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
Completely different vehicles, none of the parts from 08-11 will work, the 12' has been completely redone to make it a global car which means all new parts to come. And I definitely agree with Elizabeth they should have done this in 08' instead of waiting 4 years to merge the market... It took way to long

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can understand ......I love my ride and ready to tastefully mod it:-D

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Probably bulbs and bolts. [:D]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Completely different vehicles, none of the parts from 08-11 will work, the 12' has been completely redone to make it a global car which means all new parts to come. And I definitely agree with Elizabeth they should have done this in 08' instead of waiting 4 years to merge the market... It took way to long
Hi, that's not strictly true, when the Mk1 Focus was first introduced it was a totally new car from the wheels up, then the Mk2/2.5 came out, which was based upon the the Mk1 running gear but with new or modified engines, and a different body, which is the one you didn't get. Now we have the Mk3, or what you seem to call the 2012, this is based also upon the same running gear as the Mk2/2.5. Thus I think some components are exactly the same, such as engines, tranmission and suspension, as the Mk1 and the Mk2/2.5's. The engine is the same 2.0 litre Duratec, only with direct injection and Ti-VCT, that has been out for a few years.
Chris

·
Registered
676 Posts
"Ford COULD have brought over the Euro Focus in 2008 instead."

The Mk2 looks like a shrunken Ford 500 or a 1980 Chevy Citation hatch, was really nothing that great. If had same running gear, what's to get excited about? It's past history.

The '08 restyle brought in customers who didn't like the egg shaped Mk1 and sold well during the recession.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts