Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, seems to be a wealth of knowledge to be had here. Im coming from having a 93 prelude i hated and drove into the ground to recently purchasing this 05 black beauty im looking to baby the hell out of.

Yes I know she needs a drop horribly badly, ideas that will best run on my TD 17s? And what tire does everyone out there run on TDs.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome to FF.com! You car looks nice, and it looks like your off to a good start. When I considered buying 17"'s I was going to run a 215/45/17. But others will tell you different.

Mouse

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
team dynamicS?? nice start off there man! well the tires you have on there, whats wrong with them? but yeh like mighty mouse said, 215/45 is a good size, and welcome to FF!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think im just not accustomed to the low pros is the thing, ive also never heard of nexen tires. Bought the car at a reputable dealership after looking extensively and was amazed to see the Team Dynamics, no scratches or road rash to be found yet.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks good but we need WAY more pics ;)

WELCOME!

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i love riken raptors, they are inexpensive but they ride well all seasons drop options are SVT suspension, eibach pro kit, eibach sportline, or ford racind street strip

·
Registered
615 Posts
no td's but i have kumho ecstas and they are 205/40/17, although will prolly get 45 when i get home

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Go wider. Don't go any narrower than 215's.
I personally think 215/40/17 is better than 215/45/17 if you have a good drop.
I used to have 45's and they rubbed a lot. No rubbing at all with the 40's.
I run the eibach pro kit suspension on mine. Handles great. Welcome to FF!

·
Registered
275 Posts
lol idk what they are all talking about up there ^^^ but i know that we need more pics to give you a definate answer! :)

·
Banned
589 Posts
Hey I've got a set of 17" TDs too, 215/45r17 tires were my choice. I've got an Eibach prokit drop and the fenders hug the tires nicely, and I only had one rear fender rub a little, but that was easily fixed with a little gentle fender rolling. I went for the 215/45's because its the stock svt tire size and I wanted the extra cushion of a 45 series tire.

Heres a few pics for reference... Hope they help your decision![thumb]

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
yokohama avids 215/45 17

and please drop it. lol looks like a 4x4. but black on black is sexy

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Welcome. Nice Looking car!

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Those wheels look really good.

If you go with a drop of more than 1.5" or so you might rub with 215/45 depending on your wheel offset (I'd say <42mm) and how hard you drive. Personally I use 215/40 on a mild drop, but it's because it's closer to the stock tire size, smaller, and I autocross so there's lots of hard cornering. Keep in mind though that the roads aren't that bad where I'm from and I also keep them inflated a little on the high side on a reinforced sidewall tire haha. I imagine the 45 fills the fender gap a little more though, mine is a little wide.

·
Registered
453 Posts
welcome to FF and the car looks great so far and the drop will only make it better and yes we need more pics!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I want to post pics once its lowered, but imma do a full wash and prolly take some night shots for you.

Im gonna do a mild drop, thinkin the FRPP 1.5 will work well for my needs and likes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts