Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall,
a gud friend of mine recently bought an 08 focus and wants to install a turbo and we dont know what exactly to look for. he doesnt want massive gains just little mor HP. I have found a stage 3 turbo on ebay but don't know what really is compatable with what. Any info I can get would be super helpfull

·
Registered
0 Posts
FocusSport did one on an '08 for Street Tuner Challenger on Speed. Here's a link to the kit. He'll need the 2.0L Duratec Kit and I'd do the intercooler stage 2 add-on. I'd probably contact Randy at FS to see if any mods to the kit would be needed as it is an '08 Focus.

Link to Kit: http://www.focussport.com/turbocharger.htm

Hope this Helps [thumb]

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I 2nd the FocusSport turbo if you really are going to do one. And do what Ken suggested, contact Randy directly at FS and discuss fitment in the 08, but it should go in rather easily.

·
Registered
119 Posts
if you just want a little more hp, like you said, the turbo really isnt necessary...

you could get an intake, exhaust, chip, headers all for a fraction of the price of a full turbo system... just what i would do depending on what youre looking for

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
And always remember suspension and wheels/tires! Those with CAI and exhaust make the focus a fun car to drive.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
front lower stress bar by FS! huge diff in corners, and cuts out wheel hop on takeoffs while turning! not sure if its for the 08 tho. take a look while you are at focussport's website!

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
If you don't want massive gains why go turbo? Even the STG 1 from Focussport is gonna boost your power 60-70% which is a HUGE difference. If your just lookin for a bit more power I would stay NA. Putting an intake, exhaust, header, tune, and a set of cams should put you in the 155-165 HP at the crank range which is more than enough for a fun daily driver kinda thing while still being relatively safe as far as longevity goes. And all this can be had for around 2/3rds the cost of the STG 1 from Focussport which I believe goes for around 3000 if I remember correctly.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I agree w/ every one else as well. If you just want some more hp then there is plenty of bolt on's you can get, but if you want some extreem power then sure go w a turbo rather then a SC

·
Registered
783 Posts
if you just want a little more hp, like you said, the turbo really isnt necessary...

you could get an intake, exhaust, chip, headers all for a fraction of the price of a full turbo system... just what i would do depending on what youre looking for
no chips for the dura's... only tuners are available.

other than that i agree. I/H/E and tune are the way to go if you dont want big gains

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I/H/E/t on my 2007 2.0 netted me 137whp and 138wtq, so 160hp crank isnt hard to get.. its fun, but I want more! if those are the gains your friend would like then bolt ons are plenty

·
Registered
315 Posts
Focus Sport FTW!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
by chip thats what i meant... ive got the dura (obviously) but i meant the SCT Xcalibrator 3 specifically...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts