Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 zx3 112k miles on it done a lot of work to this car, I live in Michigan so I get severe weather explains a lot, but, just recently I put new pads and rotors on and a sway bar link on drivers side all is well month before that had bearings tie rods ball joints tires strut and coils all on it few days after the brakes car is now making a low rub noise the increases with speed even when coasting out of the drivers front tap breaks goes away then comes right back im assuming I did something wrong with the brakes? any ideas?

·
Registered
102 Posts
mine did that a month ago, it was the clip holding the brake pad on. it was pushing the whole caliper down causing it to feel loose causing vibration. I bent the clip back over the brace and was back to normal.
hope this helps.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
mine did that a month ago, it was the clip holding the brake pad on. it was pushing the whole caliper down causing it to feel loose causing vibration. I bent the clip back over the brace and was back to normal.
hope this helps.
This^^^^^ Check your anti rattle clips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
referring to the outside pad? makes since that clip confused me, not a pro mechanic so I put it on the way I thought was right but looked fishy ill mess with it some more

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
referring to the outside pad? makes since that clip confused me, not a pro mechanic so I put it on the way I thought was right but looked fishy ill mess with it some more
Yea^^^^^ Remove the wheel & make sure you don't bend the clip. I hate those dang clips. I don't have to deal w/ then anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok im going to look up how they supposed to look never ran into a brake system like that always did em on trucks lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts