Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I have been in the Cincy area since 2010 and purchased my ST at the end of 2013. I posted this info on the main forum, but I wanted to rehash here:

2014 Tuxedo Black, ST1

• Roush cold air intake and mountune induction hose
• COBB catback exhaust
• Steeda intake manifold and throttle body spacers
• Steeda transmission bushings and oil seperator
• Steeda sound symposer delete
• Breedt short shifter arm
• Ford Racing Recaro front seats

Planned
• Boomba blow off valve and rear motor mount
• mountune intercooler and charge pipes
• Steeda lowering springs
• Undecided brake upgrade. Probably dimpled and cross-drilled rotors from brake performance (lifetime warranty!) and the mazda caliper bracket rear rotor upgrade. Add stainless lines from somewhere, upgraded fluid and painted calipers. I realize plain rotors work just as well, but hey, I am into cosmetics too like everyone else! :)

Obviously nothing too crazy, but bolt-ons are sure fun to install!!

Probably my most distinguishing feature on my car is going to be the classic BGSU decal on the rear window on the left side (see avatar). So be on the lookout for me... if I'm not hooning, I'm probably in the right lane conserving fuel lol.

·
Focus Factor
3,617 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I seen where you post on the st forums. This is a great place to ask questions and for help on anything.
The only thing on your list I'd recommend reconsidering is your lowering setup. Unless you buy aftermarket shocks and struts that work well with lowering your stockers won't last long. I have learned that on previous cars. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. I seen where you post on the st forums. This is a great place to ask questions and for help on anything.
The only thing on your list I'd recommend reconsidering is your lowering setup. Unless you buy aftermarket shocks and struts that work well with lowering your stockers won't last long. I have learned that on previous cars. Just something to consider.
Its funny, since this posting I have been thinking about just that. For the money, the only thing worth getting seems to be coilovers. But that is pretty far down the list as it is, so I am not really thinking too hard on it. Right now, I gotta get this intercooler installed then a DP and tune. Then I suspect I will be taking a break! Or Brakes ...

·
Focus Factor
3,617 Posts
sounds good, let us know if we can help.

Reactions: Peregriner

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, we are always willing to work on other people's cars instead of our own lol.
Haha ... this is good to know! I'm preparing for this intercooler install at the moment. Was going to do it this weekend, but the jack and stand locations are more complicated than I was expecting. Seems the only good place to put the stand is where I just freaking lifted it haha! I've seen some suggestions on alternate lifting locations but ... IDK ... not really comfortable with it. Think I may need to just get some ramps.

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
Ramps are helpful, but in the end, jack stands always rule. There are multiple locations on the vehicle that you can safely put jack stands. I am sure there are some threads out there with other possible jack stand locations. I don't have an MK3, so I can't begin to tell you. I know Nick had an ST, so he might know of a few other locations to place jackstands.

·
Focus Factor
3,617 Posts
Yeah I have had several STs on jackstands on my garage. In order to get the car as high as I like I have developed a process. Kinda hard to show you here but there are places and just have to find what works for you and your jack and jackstands.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think my biggest problem is a good lift location. Currently where I lift, the actual jack gets in the way of the stand ...

·
Focus Factor
3,617 Posts
well if you ever get to the east side of town I could show you a couple alternatives.

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
Speaking of working on other's cars, Nick. I have some stuff I need installed on the Miata lol. I only have a few things like a clutch, mid-pipe, supercharger and a few other things to install lol. Sounds like a fun weekend doesn't it? :D lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts