Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

About me:
I work alot.......... I am a full-time college student, I live in Minnesota, I have had 3 vehicles in my lifetime as I am only 22. First car was a '93 Grand Am V6, then I bought a '98 Firebird almost 4 years ago and spent way too much money modding that and then I got bored with it. It was getting about 22mpgs average and just wasn't cutting it anymore so I traded that in for my first NEW car, my 2012 Oxford White SEL Ford Focus.

It has sync, heated leather seats, winter package, parking sensors, and not sure what else. I don't remember the package numbers but I love it.

Only things I have planned for my Focus so far is window tint and a k&n filter once the original needs changing. I want to buy the splash guards for the wheel wells but not sure what they look like yet. And then eventually some wheels and tires but that will have to wait til warmer weather comes back around.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It had 8 miles on it when I got it, been driving back and forth to work for about 2 weeks and its at that now.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hey! I'm liking the white HB! What made you choose oxford white instead of the tri-coat platinum? Was it a cost thing...I'm planning on ordering a focus soon and I can't decide if the extra cost of the tri-coat is worth it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! I'm liking the white HB! What made you choose oxford white instead of the tri-coat platinum? Was it a cost thing...I'm planning on ordering a focus soon and I can't decide if the extra cost of the tri-coat is worth it.
I like both, the tri-coat does really look nice but it some shades or different lighting conditions it has odd color tones to it, like pinkish. I wouldn't mind it either but the Oxford White is a 100% pure bright white and that's what my previous car looked like so I went with that. Another deciding factor was there wasn't a tri-coat at the dealership and I wasn't going to wait another 2 weeks to find one and then pay extra and not like it 100%.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I think I just like the metallic sheen on the platinum. Is oxford metallic as well? I guess, having not seen either color in person, I'm just worried that I'd be spending an extra $500 for nothing. Man, with a tint that car would look SICK!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i saw wantz12's ques as to why oxford wh was ordered instead of the platinum white.
I originally wanted the platinum but after speaking w/ folks who had it , mostly on other ford products, and w/ my dealer, decided against it and got the oxford white instead.
most who had the platinum told me it was very difficult to maintain and touch up when they had chips n scratches...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i saw wantz12's ques as to why oxford wh was ordered instead of the platinum white.
I originally wanted the platinum but after speaking w/ folks who had it , mostly on other ford products, and w/ my dealer, decided against it and got the oxford white instead.
most who had the platinum told me it was very difficult to maintain and touch up when they had chips n scratches...
Good point. I never thought of that. But ya, the Oxford is not metallic but it is super super clean looking. Great color.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yea it looks really nice. Gives the grill more "pop" IMO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have an Oxford White SE Sport Hatch.

I saw the hatches in several colors, right when the paint shortage hit. I wasn't even considering the Oxford White because I simply didn't want a boring-looking car. I kept walking between a Silver and Gray hatch, trying to decide. Then a new Oxford White hatch came buzzing around the dealership after hitting the car wash.

I went right in and ordered the Oxford White.

Really an amazing color. It is hard to describe. It is both deep and bright. And it really highlights the black and red portions of the car, especially the piano black grille.

Nice car man. I've been pondering tint as well, as it would really look bad-ass.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice ride! Those alloys are sharp. They look a lot like the stock Titanium alloys, but with a design all their own.

[cheers]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Nice ride! Those alloys are sharp. They look a lot like the stock Titanium alloys, but with a design all their own.
I agree. I think I like the SEL alloys more than the (standard) Titanium rims.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm not a big 5-spoke fan...but those Ti handling package ones do look nice! I really think I like the SEL alloys better though. And they are MUCH nicer than the standard 16s.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome and enjoy!

I saw a White Hatchback at the dealer after I bought mine, and it looked outstanding! I thought I did NOT want white, until I saw the one in the showroom when I brought mine back for the key. Oh well, too late.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The hatch looks great in white, much better than I think the sedan looks in that color.

You and others are making me think I should have bought a Hatch...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts