Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just purchased my first focus! 2008 focus very nice. I had a quick question. Could I change the generic electronic module (GEM) in my focus to one of a 2008 focus SES?? I do realize they have to be programmed at a dealerhip, but is it possible to change one from one model to another?!

·
Super Moderator
9,558 Posts
Moved to "MK2 Interior Mods & Upgrades". Welcome to Focus Fanatics! Hopefully your question would be better answered here than in the New Member section.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm pretty sure our cars' chimes / speaker are built into the gauge cluster. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Do you have the standard black gauges or the white "sport gauges" most Focuses have?

·
Registered
78 Posts
After some looking around online (and remembering my cousin also has a 2008 SE), it looks like Ford didn't start using the new chime until 2009. I also confirmed Ford does install the speakers inside or on the back of the gauge cluster. So you'd need a new gauge cluster if you really want the new chime, which are $375 from Ford's parts website. Not sure if an instrument panel from a newer model would even work with the software versions of other components in your car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just say this, and thought you could pull the cluster and remove the speaker and solder your own on it or relocate, the sound processing signal is in the board and it's just a speaker so im sure (hope) it could be done find a wreaked one and pull it or get something totally different

1 - 8 of 8 Posts