Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an entire svt setup for my 07. sub box out of an 02 svt, carpet brackets amp and sub all stock stuff. basically im looking to keep with an 8 amp it so well as the door speakers. wondering what setup to go with thats best bang for your buck and will sound nice and clean without too much rattles. so im not looking to go high output just clarity with some bass to it. any help would be apreciated.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
Get yourself a quality 5 channel amp and some mid-price door speakers, and probably a Rockford p3 8", or kicker CVR 8", that would do you up right [thumb]

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
depends a lot on personal preference you will have to go listen to some. Personally i am a fan of infinity but most people dont like them.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I have the Polk 5X7's and IMO, they are the best speakers I have heard. But really it all depends on your personal wants, bass/treb/mids...etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know i did some poking around best buy but unfortunatally they dont sell 8in subs at all, i would be tempted to go blaupunkt doors and maybe a 4 channel amp and a single channel amp. i know my headunit is set up to have both amps and i think its a 5v output if i remember. i know some little stuff about car audio but it aint much

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea if you have an aftermarket HU you could run two amps, OR you could get a amp with pre-amp outputs so you can just run your RCA's from that. If that was confusing, just ask.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i have 2 pre outs on it and i would like to run 2 amps for a little better control. like i said im a newb so i have dont have any experience in this stuff

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The pre outs on a amp are the same as a stereo. So instead of running two long RCA's you can just run one from your stereo to your speaker amp, then from the speaker amp to your sub amp. Longer RCA's are pretty expensive.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
they are not cheap just inexpensive. they have a ground shield and a mylar shield that goes the length of the RCA

I am using one in my car and there is ZERO noise in the system.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
hjey nate, id get teh pioneer shallow 8" for the sub. as long as you seal the svt enclosure well (i used plumber putty from home depot. kinda like what pete did for that ten) it sounds great. and whle we were at bww last weekend i had it up in the car an it wasn't even audible till you sat in it. perfect for jamming out late at night with no cop trouble. as for sound its got good bass. it'd sound a lot better in mine if the darned panels in the rear weren't broken,lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
depends a lot on personal preference you will have to go listen to some. Personally i am a fan of infinity but most people dont like them.
infinity ftw.... i have the reference 6x8 in my 02 zx5 and they kick ass.... [popcorn]

i know alpine has a nice, compact 5 channel amp... one i actually considered (i'm going to go with the infinity basslink II with the amp card but you have the sub in box so that would be useless lol)

crutchfield is one of the only places I will buy car audio and this is the link for the amp:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PDX5/Alpine-PDX-5.html?tp=115

cheers, and happy hunting!

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Get yourself a quality 5 channel amp and some mid-price door speakers, and probably a Rockford p3 8", or kicker CVR 8", that would do you up right [thumb]
rockford fosgate does not make a p3 in the 8 inch. but the standard svt box will not hold a p3 anyway. assuming rockford DID make a p3 8, it would most likely be svc, and handle anywhere from 4-500 rms. way to much for that box to handle.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
oh nuts

oh well

But I can definitely vouch for the Alpine PDX-5!!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
really matt. 500 is too much for the box?
my pioneer peaks out there. (and its ben powered at taht for a while now,lol.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
really matt. 500 is too much for the box?
my pioneer peaks out there. (and its ben powered at taht for a while now,lol.
peak power and rms power are two different things

peak power is a worthless rating..

and yes, that box is small, you would be LUCKY to see a .45 cubic ft rating

the p3 ten inch requires .6 cubic feet of airspace. so the p3 will NEVER sound right in the svt enclosure, even if you port it to the ten inch size and fiberglass it. there is just no way for it to sound good

if he still had the box that i gave him, it was already ported for a ten inch sub. i tried using a p2 in there, and using the cheap method of dynamatting the hole shut, and the sub blew it to pieces. a ten inch p2 wouldnt be all that great for the box either, seeing as it requires a .6 cubic foot box to breathe easy.

however, if you wanted to do a ten inch sub in the svt box, i would recommend using a p1 ten inch. it still requires the same airspace to breathe easy, at .6 cubic feet, BUT because it is less powerful of a sub, you wont need to worry about blowing the box to pieces, and it will actually sound good.

NOW, what i WOULD do, if the box wasnt ported, is use an 8 inch p1, which requires .23 cubic feet of airspace, OR a p2 8 inch, which also requires a .23 cubic foot airspace

if you have ever listened to jarods radio(jrodsvt) you will see why. the 8 inch sounds WAY better, because its withing the specs for airspace, and doesnt push as much air volume. BUT it sill sounds good, it wont give you earth shattering bass, BUT it will give you a nice clean and clear bassline

·
Registered
0 Posts
X2 on Jrodsvt's setup, it's very clean sounding thus the reason Billy, Chris, and I gave him best of sound at FF08. Plus his staging was the best of the group as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts