Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Sterling Grey Titanium with the standard 400a package. I'm making the jump from my 2007 SES Focus after they gave me a generous offer on my trade. Hopefully when my car arrives there will be some good incentives going on.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Congrats! Hatchback or sedan? I have a Black Titanium Sedan on order...welcome to the wait game.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered mine a week ago...this waiting thing sucks.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Ah, the wait begins! Congrats on the order!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Getting the Sedan, didn't see a need for a hatchback. The salesman was a friend of mine from college so I'm hoping he can get me the xplan pricing.
If he cannot, just join the EAA (EAA.ORG) for $40 and you will be eligible for X-Plan pricing. You will have to be a member for 30 days prior to purchase (not a problem when ordering) but you can generate your PIN as soon as you join. You also get reading material every month for the water closet. Heck, I am thinking about getting my pilot license now.........

·
Registered
524 Posts
Heck, I am thinking about getting my pilot license now.........
I watched two friends of mine get their time in on a single engine planes in their spare time, now they both work for airlines as pilots. I couldn't believe how quickly they did it too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I watched two friends of mine get their time in on a single engine planes in their spare time, now they both work for airlines as pilots. I couldn't believe how quickly they did it too.
I am a little too old for that, I joined the Navy after TopGun came out and was not able to fly because of an injury to my left hand (Missing three joints from a tree cutting accident at 16). I still want to fly but havent had the time, and after reading these darn magazines that the EAA keeps sending, I think I will have to make time. Heck it is only $3600 for a private pilots license. I raced motocross until the age of 29 and love the feeling of "flight" and totally enjoy the thought of "controlled flight" I am an avid Flight Sim guy but have never taken the plunge.... Weirdly enough, joining the EAA to get my X plan discount for my Focus may have also opened another door to my bucket list....

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am a little too old for that, I joined the Navy after TopGun came out and was not able to fly because of an injury to my left hand (Missing three joints from a tree cutting accident at 16). I still want to fly but havent had the time, and after reading these darn magazines that the EAA keeps sending, I think I will have to make time. Heck it is only $3600 for a private pilots license. I raced motocross until the age of 29 and love the feeling of "flight" and totally enjoy the thought of "controlled flight" I am an avid Flight Sim guy but have never taken the plunge.... Weirdly enough, joining the EAA to get my X plan discount for my Focus may have also opened another door to my bucket list....
Awesome, you won't regret it. Though it may be more than that by the time your done. I don't remember how much it ended costing me, but was probably $4k-$5k, and that was almost 20 years ago. I did ground school, so my instructor wouldn't have to spend a lot of time on classroom instruction (he was expensive per hour), and that helped. I did have to redo several lessons...everyone does. That's where it can get expensive. Try to do several lessons a week so you don't have to redo so many. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
A friend of mine down in Texas flies an experimental airplane he built from a kit. I went flying with him once and it was a blast (once I recovered from the shock of watching him lift up the tail and push it out of the hangar like it was a little kid's tricycle).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I may steer this topic back on track, I have some questions.

I was looking at adding the Winter package to get the heated seats, can I get heated seats with cloth interior or does it have to be leather?

Also, which package includes the ambient blue interior lighting, and can it be turned off?

·
Registered
362 Posts
We got the heated seats (winter packaage) ordedred on our SE that we ordered with cloth but unsure about other trim levels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another X-plan option is joining the Mustang Club of America (mustang.org), $50 for year, you get a subscription to their magazine. It took me about 10 min to do everything, join the club, pay the membership, to getting my X-Plan Pin.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If I may steer this topic back on track, I have some questions.

I was looking at adding the Winter package to get the heated seats, can I get heated seats with cloth interior or does it have to be leather?

Also, which package includes the ambient blue interior lighting, and can it be turned off?
Yes you can get heated seats without leather. Just spec the winter package by itself (no premium package) and the seats will be heated+cloth.

The color of the lighting can be changed; I know it's standard on the Ti and, IIRC, also on the SEL and SE w/ sport package. The color can be changed to a dozen or so different hues, and I'm sure it can be turned off somehow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh ok thanks Darin, I was looking at all the packages and wasn't sure if it was an add-on or not since I couldn't find it. I e-mailed my salesman and had him add the Winter Package to the base Ti trim.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Yes you can get heated seats without leather. Just spec the winter package by itself (no premium package) and the seats will be heated+cloth.

The color of the lighting can be changed; I know it's standard on the Ti and, IIRC, also on the SEL and SE w/ sport package. The color can be changed to a dozen or so different hues, and I'm sure it can be turned off somehow.
Yes the ambient lightning can be reduced in intensity from full on to completly off, and about six different colors as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts