Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a new set of Pirell Neo Zeo's M+S on my car at 30,200 miles. I also got an alignment the same week as well. I now have 33,200 miles and I was wondering if I should rotate them now or soon to prevent extra wear on my tires. Then just rotate them again after another 3,000 miles to make sure that everything is matched up. Then just go on to rotate them every 6,000 miles like normal. The reason that I am asking is because I am starting to get a little bit of vibration in the wheel on the highway and it wasn't doing that before so I just thought maybe I need to rotate and balance early.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd have the balance on them checked. I work in a shop and I see it all the time.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You can't OVER-rotate your tires, so feel free to do it as often as you like.

I once had a customer that rotated his tires EVERY FRIGGIN WEEKEND... (every sunday like clockwork, he'd show up... you gotta admire the commitment if nothing else)

but, he DID get a lot of life on his tires.

The first rotation is the most important one, so doing it early is great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys, yea I was thinking I should probably have them balanced and rotated because I shouldn't already have that rotation. It's in the wheel and it's vibrating the seat. The only bitch about it is that everyone tells me the rims I have the 04' 6 spoke rims are a pain in the a** to balance and they never balance just right so they say. I don't I always have had a very small vibration once I bought those new 04' rims, maybe you guys have heard that .

·
Registered
297 Posts
Visit this web site and find a shop in your area that uses the Hunter Road Force balancing system. It's a little more expensive, but you get a great balance. I hear Ford "requires" it for their pickups.

http://www.gsp9700.com/index.cfm

And the folks at The Tire Rack promote and use it too!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was charged 11.99 per tire at a Tire Plus near my house. I highly recommend it, no vibrations at all (but be careful with potholes as I've heard the SVt wheels are very "sensitive").

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As soon as I read what you guys said I had a couple of hours to play with so I went up to Discount Tire and they had that machine and all I can say is WOW!!! That really is amazing how much better it really drives. I took it right to the highway and my focus has never driven that well ever. I am going to recommend that to my buddy with an SVT as well that's awesome guys thanks a lot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts