Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New Tires

493 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SkyPilot 
#1 ·
I messed up a tire the other day and decided to get my wheels repaired and painted with a new set of tires (I needed new ones anyway), the wheels look like new, the shop did a very good job repairing and painting them, and for tires I decided to get BF goodrich TA KDW they are nice looking (promise some pics tomorrow) and also replaced the suspension lower arms rubber bushings with energy suspensions polyurethane, tomorrow I'll take my ride for a spin to see how it handles. My only concern is the pressure for the tires I've always used them 32psi in front and 29 on back but the guy that installed them told me they should be from 35 to 40 but not lower than 35 so he got me thinking.

#2 ·
^^They should be at where the factory says for best performance. The guy is retarded to say they "should be".... for a tiny bit more in MPG fill them more.. But for best performance keep you had them.. I hate when I get tires mounted.. THey never really check the pressure.. They just fill them up to what ever feels good.. They WAY over fill them

#3 ·
yes they did, they left it at 40psi I'm taking them down to what I've been using, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.