Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some new Pirelli pzero nero m+s for $125 at a local shop tire for my 01zx3. The car handles alot better and now I am eager to put on some easy bolt on mods to boots my performance a little, but I dont know what to start with, any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
If you haven't played with the suspension yet you can find the SVT suspension for $275, it's a good deal for a great improvement in handling.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Air in, and air out. A good CAI, and exhaust would be the biggest bang for the buck. Do a quick search or look in the DIY sections for recommendations and install instructions. If you're on a budget, consider MAC for intake and MBRP for exhaust. If not, Volant intake and Borla exhaust with a high flow cat and short header. Let us know what ya do!

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
what would be a good first mod to the engine?
Lets move this to somewhere that'll get you some engine help...[;)]
Moved to “ZETEC Performance Chat”

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can get the SVT suspension a little cheaper. I got mine for $249 shipped from Steve . Just email him what OEM parts you want at [email protected]. He works at a Ford dealership. He'll get back with you very quickly with a price. 10% over cost. You can go to SVTperformance.com that's where I found his listing. Or call him at 1 800 328 9552.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
i love my SVT suspension! also, since you have an auto, look into an SCT tuner cuz it helps with shift points to help your car accelerate. Itll help even more with an intake and catback.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can always check out the classified section. People are alway selling used but good conditon intakes and exhausts. You may want to consider the Focus SVT intake & exhaust. They will bolt up to you ZX3 with alittle mod work. It all depends on the look and sound your into. There is alot of info on FF check out the stickys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts